Proposal: VGK - PIT

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They aren’t trading Hague for thst. Many teams would easily beat thst.

I think Pittsburgh can’t trade Smith back to vegas with retention under cap circumvention

That rule only applies for 1 year after the initial trade date. They could make this move after the 2024-2025 season starts in July.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think Pittsburgh can’t trade Smith back to vegas with retention under cap circumvention

What do you think Hague is returning exactly?

Wouldn't be surprised if he is the odd man out this playoffs if their D is healthy.

Hanifin - Theo
Martinez - Piets
McNabb - Whitecloud

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Would make more sense to move Whitecloud to make room for Korzcak. Don't really want Smith back though.

Hanifin-Petro
Mcnabb-Theo
Hague-Korzcak

Reactions: Glorydays22

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What do you think Hague is returning exactly?

Wouldn't be surprised if he is the odd man out this playoffs if their D is healthy.

Hanifin - Theo
Martinez - Piets
McNabb - Whitecloud
Martinez is gone as a UFA
McNAbb more likely traded than Hague because of age.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

Hague isn't worth as much as you think from a trade standpoint.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Martinez is a UFA, he's as good as gone in the off season.

Not saying Vegas wouldn't trade Hague, they before anyone other club would trade anyone to make the club better. Smith isn't it. I'd bet they have zero interest in bringing him back.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Martinez is a UFA, he's as good as gone in the off season.

Not saying Vegas wouldn't trade Hague, they before anyone other club would trade anyone to make the club better. Smith isn't it. I'd bet they have zero interest in bringing him back.

I bet they'd have huge interest in bringing him back at 2.5ish million without a doubt.

Reactions: YP44

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I bet they'd have huge interest in bringing him back at 2.5ish million without a doubt.

They added the Hertl contract, and have to extend UFAs Hanifin/Marchessault. I don't think they would have interest in a 2.5m cap hit on a 33 year old mid 6 winger especially at the cost of a solid 6'6 D at a lesser cap hit who's an RFA at the contracts conclusion.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They added the Hertl contract, and have to extend UFAs Hanifin/Marchessault. I don't think they would have interest in a 2.5m cap hit on a 33 year old mid 6 winger especially at the cost of a solid 6'6 D at a lesser cap hit who's an RFA at the contracts conclusion.
I do think the Hertl addition closes the door on the return of Smith to Vegas.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
In the summer…

Reilly Smith at 50% + 3rd for Hague.

Gives Vegas back Smith at LW to replace Stephenson. Moves out cap in Hague who is likely gone due to the Hanifin contract.
Hague is worth a lot more than Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad