Proposal: VGK - PIT

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Eakin and some sort of pick

for

Hagelin and probably a better pick?

Lindberg could move up to be the 3rd line C with Tuch Hagelin

PEB could draw in as the 4th line C

Hagelin gives some more playoff experience and is fast and its west coast. Pens get a C with a decent 2 way game?

does this make sense? With the way Vegas is playing what do they do at the TDL??

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I'd be very interested in Eakin if he were in fact available. Not sure what the ask would be, but if it was semi reasonable, I'd be interested.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Vegas can't afford to mess with their centers or D unless they're targetting a first liner or top pairing D. They also can't afford to mess with their goalies. MAYBE wingers. Trading a C for a winger does not work for them very well, especially if they're gonna risk messing with everything just for Hagelin and not an elite guy.

Their depth is fine basically so no need to tinker really. What they (should) want - moreso for long term than right now - are high end players on multi year deals (or with remaining RFA years).

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Eakin and some sort of pick

for

Hagelin and probably a better pick?

Lindberg could move up to be the 3rd line C with Tuch Hagelin

PEB could draw in as the 4th line C

Hagelin gives some more playoff experience and is fast and its west coast. Pens get a C with a decent 2 way game?

does this make sense? With the way Vegas is playing what do they do at the TDL??

No it doesn't make sense at all.

Vegas isn't going to weaken itself at C in order to add a wing who doesn't even help them. Not sure what picks you are thinking of, but the basis of the deal makes no sense, so the Pitt pick would probably be higher than you want, and the Vegas one lower (or nonexistent) in order to convince them to do a trade that makes them worse.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I think most of us Pens fans take this but I totally agree above. Vegas is playing so well why would you screw with it?

Reactions: domaug

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016

No it doesn't make sense at all.

Vegas isn't going to weaken itself at C in order to add a wing who doesn't even help them. Not sure what picks you are thinking of, but the basis of the deal makes no sense, so the Pitt pick would probably be higher than you want, and the Vegas one lower (or nonexistent) in order to convince them to do a trade that makes them worse.

they may consider it for the future higher pick. they seem to have quite a few guys on the team who could play C and think I Gallant can get the best out of most players.

Vegas should have an interesting TDL as an expansion team that has had so much success in its first year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A. Vegas isn't making a trade right now with how well they're doing
B. Hagelin isn't very good, he has borderline no value unless money is retained.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
they may consider it for the future higher pick. they seem to have quite a few guys on the team who could play C and think I Gallant can get the best out of most players.

Vegas should have an interesting TDL as an expansion team that has had so much success in its first year.
Right, which is why I said, that the pick would have to be a pretty decent pick, and that would include them not giving a pick back.
You are talking about convincing a team to make a trade that they have no reason to do. Trading Hagelin and a 2nd for Eakin and a 4th doesn't make them want to get worse for a playoff run.

Eakin for Hagelin an a 2nd without VGK adding another pick? Still don't think they'd do i. Eakin and a 4th for Hagelin and a 1st? Possible... but do you really want to give up a 1st for Eakin? Probably not, but nothing else would really make sense for Vegas.

Thus, as I said, this deal really doesn't work.

Reactions: Dano85

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Right, which is why I said, that the pick would have to be a pretty decent pick, and that would include them not giving a pick back.
You are talking about convincing a team to make a trade that they have no reason to do. Trading Hagelin and a 2nd for Eakin and a 4th doesn't make them want to get worse for a playoff run.

Eakin for Hagelin an a 2nd without VGK adding another pick? Still don't think they'd do i. Eakin and a 4th for Hagelin and a 1st? Possible... but do you really want to give up a 1st for Eakin? Probably not, but nothing else would really make sense for Vegas.

Thus, as I said, this deal really doesn't work.

I'm just throwing out some ideas not sure where Eakin fits in Vegas long term plans (I think Lindbergh could be 3rd line C)...and only added Hagelin cause he's the cap dump that's in all the pens fans offers I see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad