VGK picking 17th overall in 2019 Entry Draft

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Patches has MNTC. So unless Philadelphia is on his ok-to-trade list, it's almost a nonstarter.

In addition, would have significant impact culturally as well as negative connotations on any future UFA signings and incoming trades.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Patches has MNTC. So unless Philadelphia is on his ok-to-trade list, it's almost a nonstarter.

In addition, would have significant impact culturally as well as negative connotations on any future UFA signings and incoming trades.

I believe he has a 20 team list he submits that he can be traded to. That's a lot of options. I understand the implications of signing a UFA and dealing him before the contract but when you acquire a Mark Stone midseason and give him a humungous raise, and then have a player like Gusev ready to come over and Haula returning from an injury on top of the cap being 2M smaller than everyone anticipated...then I think there would be some understanding that a 7M contract signed at the beginning of that season would look different at the end of it.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

I understand what you’re saying but getting past etiquette and expectation, do you think this trade would be beneficial for the team?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I understand what you’re saying but getting past etiquette and expectation, do you think this trade would be beneficial for the team?

Not at all. We're a legit Cup contender. We should keep the guy who will probably score 30+ goals and be a big weapon on the PP, especially considering there are obvious options to solve the cap problem in Eakin and Miller, who aren't going to be Knights for the long term anyways.

Reactions: derriko

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not at all. We're a legit Cup contender. We should keep the guy who will probably score 30+ goals and be a big weapon on the PP, especially considering there are obvious options to solve the cap problem in Eakin and Miller, who aren't going to be Knights for the long term anyways.

They aren't obvious anymore when the cap is 81 instead of 83.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Got a bit more than a week to find out what happens

Newhook, Krebs or Hoglander from that group. Suzuki we might as well trade back if that was our plan. Barf to the trade up suggestions. If we're trading up hopefully it's for someone who has fallen inexplicably out of the top five.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
According to Bobby Mac, Broberg, Seider or Soderstrom could go 14,15,16 with Harley, York, Tomasino, Lavoie, Suzuki, Kaliyev and Heinola probably still being on the board at #17. Real good chance of one of the 2 RHD falling to 17, or maybe even Newhook.
https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dominate-first-round-of-the-nhl-draft-1.1323878
I knew that talk of Dach falling was too good to be true.

I think Seider or Soderstrom are the defensemen I would target. The forwards I think probably Tomasino or Lavoie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad