Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Nate Schmidt signs extension (6 years, $5.95M AAV)

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Did you read even one word past the headline of the Schmidt PEDs story? Backstrom got a ban for claritin and that was BS too

Blaming it on over the counter prescriptions. Ridiculous take your leap Las Vegas. Y’all looking like Shit right now when it comes to image.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
all that for one 36 pt season after which he was caught using banned substances?

yikes

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
You can make any excuse on why he got suspended 20 games. If this was any other league like NFL or MLB he would be cut. It’s that simple. The franchise image and brand is worth more than a player who’s suspended for drugs. You don’t see any other league tolerating the stuff.

The NFL tolerates a lot of things. Except apparently players mouthing off at female refs.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
You would blow dna all over your underoos if the leafs had the chance to sign Schmidt to this contract.
As a neutral fan, I can say the Leafs left side defence core is easily well ahead of where Schmidt is. Two proven LHD and one up and comer who id easily take over Schmidt!
And please don’t say “if you watched him you’d see how good he is” for 1, we play in the same division this year, 2 I liked the Washington Capitals, have seen him play for 3 years now. He’s not even close to first pairing quality, he’s a depth #4 who is now paid like a #2. On a team with an average defence core is going to quickly show just how not first pairing he is.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Congrats to the MN kid and former Gopher. The total number shocked me. What are the biggest contracts (total value) ever for undrafted players?

Biggest contract for an undrafed player will be this July when Panarin signs for over 10M. He'll likely get 70-80M.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The NFL tolerates a lot of things. Except apparently players mouthing off at female refs.

So you want to make it sexist. Fascinating, so you’re saying nobody else mouths off to refs unless they are female. That’s a stupid false statement if I ever seen one. Gender doesn’t mean shit. All refs get mouthed off to.

People been suspended either way for officiating issues

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As a neutral fan, I can say the Leafs left side defence core is easily well ahead of where Schmidt is. Two proven LHD and one up and comer who id easily take over Schmidt!
And please don’t say “if you watched him you’d see how good he is” for 1, we play in the same division this year, 2 I liked the Washington Capitals, have seen him play for 3 years now. He’s not even close to first pairing quality, he’s a depth #4 who is now paid like a #2. On a team with an average defence core is going to quickly show just how not first pairing he is.

sorry for disregarding your request, but if you watched him play you'd realize he's a RD

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Schmidt plays RD (something you'd know if you watched him as much as you claim) and last year he played at a much higher level than any leafs D including Rielly. He was the 2nd most important player to Vegas's cup run after MAF. He's absolutely a first pairing insanely mobile two way defenseman who can do everything at both ends except light people up with big hits.

Reactions: go4hockey

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Blaming it on over the counter prescriptions. Ridiculous take your leap Las Vegas. Y’all looking like **** right now when it comes to image.

So you're just voluntarily ignorant because you're so desperate to feel outrage little details like people testing positive from allergy medicine don't matter. That's pretty pathetic no offense

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
sorry for disregarding your request, but if you watched him play you'd realize he's a RD
Do you not know what LHD means? Left handed defenceman. Did I indicate anywhere which side he plays on?
Also it was posed as the poster would take Schmidt over Gardiner Riley and Dermott, since it was suggested Schmidt is a better defenceman than any of them.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
It’s a joke anyone would take Dermott or Gardiner over Schmidt. Do a poll, and it’s 99% Schmidt (with that intolerable clan of leaf fanatics homer voting.)

Rielley is ahead of Schmidt of course, but the other two are t even close. Schmidt would play with Rielly on the top pair in Toronto.

Reactions: go4hockey

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Do you not know what LHD means? Left handed defenceman. Did I indicate anywhere which side he plays on?
Also it was posed as the poster would take Schmidt over Gardiner Riley and Dermott, since it was suggested Schmidt is a better defenceman than any of them.

Yes you did, smartypants.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Good deal, Schmidt legit a top tier defender, and throws in some points, apparently a locker room leader too. What more can you ask for. The "PED" scandal is there, but if you are to believe his story, it had no effect on him last year.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So you want to make it sexist. Fascinating, so you’re saying nobody else mouths off to refs unless they are female. That’s a stupid false statement if I ever seen one. Gender doesn’t mean ****. All refs get mouthed off to.

People been suspended either way for officiating issues

Uh, no. Fantastic reading comprehension and looking for something to get outraged over. If I was gonna imply that only female refs get mouthed off to, I would have said "only female refs get mouthed off to".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad