Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Marc-Andre Fleury signs 3 year extension with Golden Knights (AAV $7M)

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ill be the first one to say that I am happy for MAF and he deserves that new contract for sure. There is just no way you can pass up on a 23 year old rookie who comes in and takes the reigns without looking like a back up at all. I think a lot of Pens fans would have wanted MAF for another year or two to mentor Murrs, but the expansion draft forced one of the hardest decisions in the teams history. Wish him the best unless they play us....
The blind Fleury homers are the most perplexing group on this site which says so much. I’ve never witnessed so many people turn a blind eye to the poor play of a player and blame it on everyone and everything else except that player. All because he has a nice personality.

He was so mentally weak that the Pens made him see a sports shrink. But he smiles a lot!

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The blind Fleury homers are the most perplexing group on this site which says so much. I’ve never witnessed so many people turn a blind eye to the poor play of a player and blame it on everyone and everything else except that player. All because he has a nice personality.

He was so mentally weak that the Pens made him see a sports shrink. But he smiles a lot!
And if not for that last second save against Lindstrom in 2009, who knows when the Pens would have won their 3rd Cup...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
And if not for that last second save against Lindstrom in 2009, who knows when the Pens would have won their 3rd Cup...

The Pens were fortunate to make it that far for him to make that save after his utter pathetic performance during the entire playoffs. Fleury was very good for in the post season in which we lost the cup to the Red Wings the year before.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

The Pens were fortunate to make it that far for him to make that save after his utter pathetic performance during the entire playoffs. Fleury was very good for in the post season in which we lost the cup to the Red Wings the year before.

You need to remember the team actually was the worst of all three cup teams and for that loss the year before.

Nobody is saving Fleury from his mistakes/flaws, only that, he wasn't the only reason they lost. He wasn't the only one with mental issues to get over, even stated by teammates of his they all need to get past that flaw the team had let burrow in throughout the team. It's one of the reasons Neal was sent out.

Maybe actually watch how a lot of those plays manifested instead of concentrating on the end result. A lot of those so called gafs many goalies have happen to them and are not isolated solely on MAF.

Leave a goalie exposed over and over will take a toll. We've seen this from even the so called best goalies. I guess it's only fair when the Pens do it to other goalies, but when it happens to ours it's the Pens own fault and not the other team was "better/just playing better."

The failure is to be bias both ways to see the team as a whole was mentally weak. We still see it here or there/flashes of it from time to time.

So, no. Nobody is absolving him of blame. You win/lose as a team. There are those who say he's the reason they lost.

I'll tell you there are many reasons they lost. Fleury was just part of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad