Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
NaouAsf.jpg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think this is going to be "rock bottom." Vegas plays way too structured, such a blue collar game for us to beat them in our current state.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm expecting our Leafs will get blown out! Anything less than that will be a win!

How is an expansion team so good?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I am expecting a loss if they don't play a full 60 minutes of hockey.
VGK certainly beat on Ottawa and I'm hoping the Leafs can put it all together after that road trip.
There were some encouraging signs with a come back that fell short in the 3rd period in St Louis but it could be the start of a better team effort in tomorrow's game.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/vegas-golden-knights-toronto-maple-leafs-20171106

TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Vegas Golden Knights have struggled recently after having strong starts to the season.
The Golden Knights, surprisingly good for a first-year expansion team, made a stride in the right direction Saturday with a 5-4 win over the Ottawa Senators to end a three-game losing streak.
They hope to continue the winning trend Monday when they face the Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre. It will be the fifth game of the Golden Knight's six-game road trip. The three losses did not shake the new team's belief in itself.
"Nobody was panicking," said Golden Knights center Jonathan Marchessault, who had a goal and two assists. "We've been playing well as a team. Everyone's trying to stay loose. After three games like that, everyone could've tied up their sticks. But we know we're a good team, and we have a lot of experienced guys in the room who aren't going to let things get away from us."
The Maple Leafs are glad to be home after completing a 1-3 road trip with a 6-4 loss to the St. Louis Blues on Saturday.
"We've got to go home and have an off-day (Sunday) and get regrouped and get back on track," Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said after the game Saturday. "We were sitting pretty good a week ago or 10 days ago, or however long it was. Now, we've got to get back on track and get things fixed up and get playing good and get some swagger back in our game."
The Golden Knights (9-4-0) won eight of their first nine games, while the Maple Leafs (8-7-0) won seven of their first nine games.
There has been no secret to the early success of the Golden Knights -- they work hard.
"They're the hardest-working team in the NHL, and they proved it again (Saturday)," Senators coach Guy Boucher said.
"It's 20 guys playing for 60 minutes," Golden Knights coach Gerard Gallant said. "That's a big part of it. ... when we forecheck and play hard in the offensive zone, we usually have a good game."
While the Golden Knights are exceeding expectations, the Maple Leafs were expected to do well this season after making the playoffs with a young group last season. They looked good starting the season, but have been springing leaks defensively.
"Obviously, we're not in a situation that we're handling this very well and so we're not playing good enough," Babcock said. "We'll have to, like I said, get ourselves regrouped. We've got a Vegas team that seems to win every night in our building here and we've got to get ready to play."
Maple Leafs goaltender Frederik Andersen has been criticized at times. Left winger Matt Martin, who had a career-best three assists on Saturday, defended Andersen after the loss to the Blues.
"I think we just left Freddie out to dry, really," Martin said. "It seems to be happening a lot. Obviously, everyone talks about the goaltender and I think it's more us than anything. You can only give up so many chances right in front of the net, we just hang him out to dry and don't really give him a chance.
"We've got a lot to clean up. We've got to simplify. When we get pucks in we dominate, when we don't we struggle. That's really the moral of the story right there. I think you go through ruts like this. Obviously, it's coming at a bad time for us, but we'd like to get back on track here."
Golden Knights goaltender Maxime Lagace, who earned his first NHL victory Saturday, is expected to start against the Maple Leafs on Monday.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
a skilled lazy team can't beat a hardworking unskilled team. We're gonna need to work hard for the whole game to win this one

Pickle Juice

Sep 27, 2017
the knights are the band of brothers aka the unwanted the unchosen

that alone makes them a team of people who are with others like them

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Turn up work hard

That's all I ask, if they can achieve that we'll be okay but if they continue to show the same **** habits they have recently were going to struggle

Badly

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'm expecting our Leafs will get blown out! Anything less than that will be a win!

How is an expansion team so good?
I am of the opinion that they are not as good as their start has showed, their just riding a high. Hoping we can continue to bring them back to earth as they have lost a few recently already.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Expecting Matthews to play well. He’s our only hope. Rest of the team playing like trash right now.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yup Vegas has been playing well but it is time to give them a rude awakening and get the train back on track.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yup Vegas has been playing well but it is time to give them a rude awakening and get the train back on track.

Meh, lost 3 of their last 4 and have allowed a lot of goals. Their defense and goaltending are starting to show their true colours.

As long as Andersen outplays Legace, we’ll be fine

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Meh, lost 3 of their last 4 and have allowed a lot of goals. Their defense and goaltending are starting to show their true colours.

As long as Andersen outplays Legace, we’ll be fine

Just put a beating on the Sens in Ottawa. They still have some juice left but reality should hit them soon starting tomorrow :)

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Expecting Matthews to play well. He’s our only hope. Rest of the team playing like trash right now.
Matthews is a special player and will be the Captain someday, He leads by example, he hustles and plays a 2 way game that is years ahead of his time, we have a player that will be here a very long time and while many think the rebuild is over it's not and we will bring in more players with Matthews as the centrepiece.
If a rebounding Leaf team occurs soon he will lead it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad