Rumor: VGK interested in Chicago Gustafsson

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's not counted for. Right now we can't activate Tuch because we're 15k over the cap, 700k under with Quinney back in the A, and a 22-man roster(which includes Whitecloud, Merrill, & Holden). If we just got Gus we'd have a 23-man roster which includes 9D, and we'd be 500k over the cap with Quinney back in the A.

Barring any other trades, waiving Merrill should do the trick if Chicago retains 50% on Gus.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Barring any other trades, waiving Merrill should do the trick if Chicago retains 50% on Gus.
We can get Gus for no retention as long as we waive(and if he clears send down) Merrill prior to activating Tuch off LTIR(and alongside that send down Quinney). No need to get them to eat cap.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think we can get something for Merrill, and something more for Holden and that could help offset what we trade to get Gustafsson.

McNabb-Schmidt
Holden-Theodore
Gustafsson-Martinez
Whitecloud, Engelland

No way they trust Gustafsson higher than third pair, and no way they trust Holden or Whitecloud to watch over him. And no way they stick Theodore on a third pair or trust Whitecloud to be Theodore's top 4.

I think these would be the defense.

Merrill for a 4th, Gustafsson for 2 4ths and Schuldt.
Turk trusted Hague in the top 4 with Theo, Whitecloud is a better NHL player right now so Whitecloud in the top-4 is possible.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Turk trusted Hague in the top 4 with Theo, Whitecloud is a better NHL player right now so Whitecloud in the top-4 is possible.

They don't trust him now the playoffs probably wouldn't change that. They were burned trusting the rookies so I can't think they trust them after getting a few veteran pickups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad