VGK heading outdoors for Winter Classic 2024

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Really excited. Live close ish to T-Mobile Park.

Will be there.

Not likely to get the hype unless one of us gets the cup beforehand.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So many options for the logo and they decide to just go with the letter V.

Were they trying to copy the Vancouver Millionaires logo?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
That's the issue with playing in a market with a lot of merch demand. You can do very little that is interesting and still get a ton of buying interest.

I do like how they are apparently copying some fonts from old school Vegas joints like the Flamingo. And as much as I would never buy the gold jersey it does remind me of something a lot of grandmothers used to wear in Vegas including mine. And seriously that secondary logo with the compass looks like a total knockoff of the Mariners logo in different colors. So kind of hard to use that one in this game. I think they will build more on that logo in the future though, just couldn't do it here.

I really wish I could get up to the Winter Classic but have other plans for that time. Kraken games in Seattle are awesome, right up there with the VGK experience. Playing in the other T-Mobile kind of feels like a letdown to me, it feels like an aircraft hangar when the roof is over it. That's good to avoid the rain and the players will still feel the chill because that damp winter weather in the Northwest always feels colder than the temps suggest. But its going to feel a bit soul-less compared to the awesome arena experiences both teams have.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
T-Mobile Park will have about 47k attendees, more than double what the teams' home arenas each have. Might make for interesting group.

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
I was hoping they would've done a jersey like this:

20sqr5l.jpg

Instead its just a 'V'... I'm so, so disappointed.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The numbers improve them both. I imagine a winter classic patch will be on them and ours will have gold pants. I understand they're a bit boring but I think both work and will not look out of place even when they look back on these games ten and twenty years later.

Reactions: RapidKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad