VGK Goalie sucks

Sammorris24

Mar 20, 2024
It is time to get rid of HILL. He is the weakest part of VGK. He miss to many easy saves. I don't know why the team loves him so much. Been a huge VGK fan since they became a franchise. Get rid of hill!!!!!!!!!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It is time to get rid of HILL. He is the weakest part of VGK. He miss to many easy saves. I don't know why the team loves him so much. Been a huge VGK fan since they became a franchise. Get rid of hill!!!!!!!!!
Winning a cup if kind of a big deal.

Both goalies started off well.... both goalies have lost their mojo. I think we need to roll with who's hot, unfortunately it's not really anyone right now, but I thought LT enough vs NJ to earn to another start, we should be trying to get them in a grove so this alternating starts I think is a bad idea.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Should be on a 5 game winning streak and have a playoff spot locked up but alas...

He's been trash for 5 weeks but until the last 3 games so was the defense and basically the entire team. The goal LT gave up to Jersey was also laughably bad but you can overcome it when it's the only goal you give up.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Winning a cup if kind of a big deal.

Both goalies started off well.... both goalies have lost their mojo. I think we need to roll with who's hot, unfortunately it's not really anyone right now, but I thought LT enough vs NJ to earn to another start, we should be trying to get them in a grove so this alternating starts I think is a bad idea.

I understand that they wanted to show some deference to Hill for the Stanley Cup run but it was just a total of 15 games.

They have given him too much benefit of the doubt and sort of artificially have tried to install him as the starter instead of letting it actually play out. Even the beginning of the year when both were playing well, they still went to Hill way more often.

Although as the season has worn on, Thompson's problem has been consistency. He's either really good or really bad game to game since his first five games. He hasn't had three good starts in a row since then. Generally with him it's been around .930 or higher or in the .800s.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I understand that they wanted to show some deference to Hill for the Stanley Cup run but it was just a total of 15 games.

They have given him too much benefit of the doubt and sort of artificially have tried to install him as the starter instead of letting it actually play out. Even the beginning of the year when both were playing well, they still went to Hill way more often.

Although as the season has worn on, Thompson's problem has been consistency. He's either really good or really bad game to game since his first five games. He hasn't had three good starts in a row since then. Generally with him it's been .930 or higher or in the .800s.
I absolutely agree with you there. Personally I want both Hill and Thompson to do well and kick some ass, I appreciate everything Hill did for us last year, but I do agree they tipped the balance too much in his favor.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Should be on a 5 game winning streak and have a playoff spot locked up but alas...

He's been trash for 5 weeks but until the last 3 games so was the defense and basically the entire team. The goal LT gave up to Jersey was also laughably bad but you can overcome it when it's the only goal you give up.
Exactly and if you can't you don't deserve the W. I wpuld have rolled with LT last game, maybe he has a bad game and the result is the same, but at this point I'd go almost go with if you Win you in..... but maybe if you let in 2 goals or less you get the next game. Something to try get that consistency .

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Exactly and if you can't you don't deserve the W. I wpuld have rolled with LT last game, maybe he has a bad game and the result is the same, but at this point I'd go almost go with if you Win you in..... but maybe if you let in 2 goals or less you get the next game. Something to try get that consistency .

I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that the next two opponents are Seattle and Columbus. One should be competitively winnable; the other had better be a win by at least 2 goals for with less than 2 against.

If they stick to their system, they can take four points. More importantly, games go the right way when your goalie isn’t second guessing. They each need a confidence game, and maybe LT getting the Kraken and Hill taking CBJ can do just that.

I frigging hope, Mister Lahey.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that the next two opponents are Seattle and Columbus. One should be competitively winnable; the other had better be a win by at least 2 goals for with less than 2 against.

If they stick to their system, they can take four points. More importantly, games go the right way when your goalie isn’t second guessing. They each need a confidence game, and maybe LT getting the Kraken and Hill taking CBJ can do just that.

I frigging hope, Mister Lahey.

Or letting Thompson take both if he plays well and give him a chance at three games of consistent play and let him know for the first time all season that if he plays well he will actually be given the opportunity to take the net rather than deflate him by letting him know there's nothing he can do apart from a Hill injury.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Or letting Thompson take both if he plays well and give him a chance at three games of consistent play and let him know for the first time all season that if he plays well he will actually be given the opportunity to take the net rather than deflate him by letting him know there's nothing he can do apart from a Hill injury.

Yeeeeahhh…….on second thought, while both need to get reps in positions where they can succeed and boost confidence, I like your idea better.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Biggest problem is both goalies have the potential to be very good, especially LT who is 6'5 and quite athletic. We've also seen what Hill can do when he's playing well positionally and not getting off balance and giving up soft goals. Say what you want about the defense, against Tampa Hill gave up 3 goals could've been stopped by a 7 year old wearing a blindfold. That game was so frustrating because we totally dominated the TDL.

Just my preference, but I'd rather not make the playoffs if we're gonna continue to have piss poor goaltending and go out in the first round. Those playoff tickets cost a ton, I gladly pay them for a deep run though.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Biggest problem is both goalies have the potential to be very good, especially LT who is 6'5 and quite athletic. We've also seen what Hill can do when he's playing well positionally and not getting off balance and giving up soft goals. Say what you want about the defense, against Tampa Hill gave up 3 goals could've been stopped by a 7 year old wearing a blindfold. That game was so frustrating because we totally dominated the TDL.

Just my preference, but I'd rather not make the playoffs if we're gonna continue to have piss poor goaltending and go out in the first round. Those playoff tickets cost a ton, I gladly pay them for a deep run though.

Wonder if Hill is playing injured.

But who knows, maybe it was just a hot streak and he just reverted back to his Sharks/Coyotes days.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Was just curious what you all thought about Hill this year. I don't agree with the OP at all, but I thought his situation earlier this year was kind of strange. I'm pretty sure I remember him being cleared to return, but then he said no? Is it mental? Too much too fast? He was playing stellar to start the year, though the whole team was firing on all cylinders. Could he still be injured? He definitely doesn't seem like himself to me.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Was just curious what you all thought about Hill this year. I don't agree with the OP at all, but I thought his situation earlier this year was kind of strange. I'm pretty sure I remember him being cleared to return, but then he said no? Is it mental? Too much too fast? He was playing stellar to start the year, though the whole team was firing on all cylinders. Could he still be injured? He definitely doesn't seem like himself to me.
I think it likely he's still injured, It seemed like his he seem to labor after a number of saves last game, I was the reporters question why he was playing or wasn't pulled as it looked like he was playing injured.

Reactions: GOilers88

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think it likely he's still injured, It seemed like his he seem to labor after a number of saves last game, I was the reporters question why he was playing or wasn't pulled as it looked like he was playing injured.
I thought leaving him in was a shitty call. If he's playing hurt, that's even worse :oops:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I thought leaving him in was a shitty call. If he's playing hurt, that's even worse :oops:
I'm not sure what's going on really, I know LT had to be helped of the ice at practice and then played next game... could be they are both injured and don't trust Patera... which would be stupid IMO, if LT and Hill. let them rest, we're gonna let in 5 anyway, no need to make things worse.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I'm not sure what's going on really, I know LT had to be helped of the ice at practice and then played next game... could be they are both injured and don't trust Patera... which would be stupid IMO, if LT and Hill. let them rest, we're gonna let in 5 anyway, no need to make things worse.
Between injuries and whatnot, team hasn't been good particularly on the road, where they look slow and very passive. Don't know what is going on with Hill but unless both Thompson and Hill return to form, doesn't matter if we make the playoffs because we aren't going far with the current state of our goalies.

On another front, we need to bench Hague and insert Hutton, we were far better with him. Hague has been awful lately.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Between injuries and whatnot, team hasn't been good particularly on the road, where they look slow and very passive. Don't know what is going on with Hill but unless both Thompson and Hill return to form, doesn't matter if we make the playoffs because we aren't going far with the current state of our goalies.

On another front, we need to bench Hague and insert Hutton, we were far better with him. Hague has been awful lately.
Thompsons was looking great..... until the third period of Arizona game and even then I wouldn't say he was the reason we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00