Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] F Sakari Manninen signs with the Golden Knights (1 year, $750k)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He's a bit small but a very good player that should be in the NHL. Plays tougher than his size.

It must be a one way contract as his agent said last spring that they would only accept a one way deal in the NHL.

Reactions: Cape

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
No numbers out yet? I`d suppose its a one-way at league minimum?

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Very interesting. I think he has what it takes to succeed, but you can't really put him on your bottom-6 without any PP time. We will see.

KTE

May 12, 2019
Probably the best goal scorer outside the NHL, most decisive single player for Finlands Olympic Gold and IIHF World Championship this year.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Probably the best goal scorer outside the NHL, most decisive single player for Finlands Olympic Gold and IIHF World Championship this year.
He is that kind of player who never would have landed in the NHL without the war in Ukraine. Small smart players who can score earn a lot in the KHL. Now when Russia is out of question, NHL organizations are able to sign these type of players with almost zero risk. If he makes it, it's great for the player and for Vegas but if he doesn't succeed, he'll find a job in Switzerland. I hope he'll do well but am not sure whether he is given a fair chance because he is not only small but also kind of timid as a person off the ice. It depends on how the season starts.

Reactions: HockeyHistorian

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Where's that Finn fan who said Manninen could be a #1 center in NHL

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Manninen does have a good shot. If he's able to use that at NHL level, could do some damage.

Also obligatory golden goal clip:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I am happy he got a contract and gets to play in the NHL. I am quite skeptical if he'll be successful. Players of his size don't tend to do well.

Reactions: Jukurit

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
No numbers out yet? I`d suppose its a one-way at league minimum?

It's a one way contract. His agent said that to MTV3 yesterday (Finnish source).

I am happy he got a contract and gets to play in the NHL. I am quite skeptical if he'll be successful. Players of his size don't tend to do well.

I predict some kind of injury for 10-40 games this season. Hopefully something like that wouldn't derail his play on the ice and the coach doesn't forget him on the bench after that. Good for him if he can avoid such an injury.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Recently returned from injury and has put up 1G,3A in his 3 games for Henderson since. With Vegas losing 4-1 to the 'Yotes last night I think we may see Sakari's NHL debut this week. We shall see. Any thoughts?

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Recently returned from injury and has put up 1G,3A in his 3 games for Henderson since. With Vegas losing 4-1 to the 'Yotes last night I think we may see Sakari's NHL debut this week. We shall see. Any thoughts?
Knights have a number of players close to returning from injury (Theodore & Howden mainly). With Rondbjerg and Froese both on emergency loan, I don't think they will be able to call up Manninen without potentially losing either Rondbjerg or Froese to waivers. I am not a 100% on emergency call up rules, but I don't think you can swap who is up for emergency loan.

Maybe Froese, Rondbjerg, Korczak down with the return of Theodore and Howden, Sakari taking the 23rd spot?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His stats are horrible considering his skill level. How has the team looked?

They're pretty low in total goals scored for the league - 111 is 9th worst/24th overall in 42 games so it's not like the team is lighting it up. Their PP is %dead puck conversion percentage too - 16.7% is 28th in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad