Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] F Nicolas Roy signs extension with Golden Knights (5 years, $3M AAV)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Good deal for the Knights. Bad deal for Roy, he should fire his agent. A 3C capable of putting up .5 PPG? Yeh that’s worth a lot more than 3M. Then you consider the ridiculous 5 year term that eats into UFA years. Yeh Roy’s agent did him dirty.

Reactions: Sustrcarry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Good deal for the Knights. Bad deal for Roy, he should fire his agent. A 3C capable of putting up .5 PPG? Yeh that’s worth a lot more than 3M. Then you consider the ridiculous 5 year term that eats into UFA years. Yeh Roy’s agent did him dirty.

It's tough to say. It may seem like he was done dirty but there is a serious cap squeeze this year. It's rough.

Securing 15 million for your player and now he doesn't have to worry about injury is some serious piece of mind.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Certainly some risk given this year was his career high in point (39) but at 25 theres room for improvement/development.
Maybe, but he did also get a bump playing more games on the top two lines because of injuries than he realistically should when the team is healthy. I know he played at least 8 games on the second line with Smith and March and a few games with Eichel.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe, but he did also get a bump playing more games on the top two lines because of injuries than he realistically should when the team is healthy. I know he played at least 8 games on the second line with Smith and March and a few games with Eichel.
I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that unless he has a bounce back, Karlsson might not be as good offensively as Roy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That sounds like a worst case scenario considering Wild Bill’s contract
I'm not saying it's a good thing necessarily. Karlsson was our most disappointing forward in my eyes. But then again, if we dumped his cap and Roy took his place, I'd bet he'd have at least 50 points. Which is decent for a 2c

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm not saying it's a good thing necessarily. Karlsson was our most disappointing forward in my eyes. But then again, if we dumped his cap and Roy took his place, I'd bet he'd have at least 50 points. Which is decent for a 2c
May be hard to dump Will's contract if he struggles again. Also, would Chandler not be the 2C then? I assume Jack is 1C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad