Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Daniel Carr signs with Vegas

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He's currently destroying the AHL with a 1.37 points/game (next of current ahl players is 1.15 points/game).

With seattle expansion in a couple seasons and 20 new skater spots opening up at the nhl level, does he get an NHL slot?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just be happy your ****ty hockey player doesn't cost 6m.

Lucic in his prime was a rare blend of size and physicality who averaged well over 50 points per season over a half decade. Signing him wasn’t very smart, but at least there was some reasoning behind adding him. And there’s some reasoning in adding a proven player like him with a much higher ceiling over an unproven player like Carr.

Meanwhile, NHL teams employing players like Micheal Haley are just making bad decisions. The only question mark behind a decision like that is just how bad it’s going to be.

Those teams signing players like Micheal Haley or claiming them off waivers would all be so much better off if they just signed players like Daniel Carr or claimed those guys off waivers.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
35 points in 100 NHL games ain’t to shabby. Always liked him as a Hab and think he’d be a great 4th liner. Surprised he can’t stick in the big league

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
As has been pointed out, he's a star in the AHL and effective as a 4th liner in the NHL. There are worse players in the Habs lineup right now than Carr, weird that we moved on and equally weird that Vegas hasn't given him a fair shake either.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He was the victim of a numbers game in Montreal. Always liked him. I'd take him in SJ as a cheap depth option.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He had 10 points in his first 8 games last year on the Habs playing on the 4th line of easily one of the worst offensive teams in the league. Instead of being moved up in the lineup he was kept on the 4th line and later scratched by Julien for plugs like Froese and Logan Shaw.

Hopefully he can get a chance to play fulltime somewhere next year.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Always liked him in Montreal and tought he would have a fair shot in Vegas. He's the type of player who can contribute up and down the line up too, not just an offensive player.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Carr is currently out with another concussion.
He probably would have had a 2nd stint with Vegas this year if Pirri wasn't having such a monster season in the AHL.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Carr is currently out with another concussion.
He probably would have had a 2nd stint with Vegas this year if Pirri wasn't having such a monster season in the AHL.

Where did you hear that he was out with a concussion?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Again this doesn't answer the question...How do you know it is a concussion? Please make sure you consider your answer carefully before submitting it.

Common sense. I also said make your own judgement. Why are you so obnoxious?

You're the guy who said Brannstrom was 'at least 2 years from the NHL best case scenario' right? :laugh:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

You're the guy who said Brannstrom was 'at least 2 years from the NHL best case scenario' right? :laugh:
Not obnoxious at all...You're the guy who posted that Carr was out with a concussion...all I did was to ask you how you knew this...to which you have danced around the answer ever since. Yes I was that guy and will stand behind my comments...2 games so far at the end of a season doesn't constitute a career. Nor a guarantee that he makes that team in 19-20. And if he does it doesn't mean that he is ready to play in the NHL. Using your Logic or "common sense" Hugh Jessiman was an NHL caliber player...:laugh:
Now back to Carr...Have you seen him recently? I have...I'm a 20+ YR Chicago Wolves season ticket holder...I watched him walk out of Allstate Arena last saturday holding his left shoulder very ridged against his body and not moving it at all...not exactly the movements of someone with a concussion but most definitely those of someone with a clavicle or shoulder injury.
I told you to consider your answer carefully...since i already knew I knew more than you did about the situation. Having seen him last saturday.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Well to be fair just because you play doesn't mean you're ready. Will have to see over the next couple of years to see if Brannstrom fails if that guy was right.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Toronto should sign him this offseason and stick him on the 4th line left wing.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Well to be fair just because you play doesn't mean you're ready. Will have to see over the next couple of years to see if Brannstrom fails if that guy was right.
That guy would like to clarify what he said ....I NEVER said anything about him"failing"...what I said was he wasn't ready to play in the NHL and needed about another 1 1/2 yrs to figure it out
I think the kid is a stud and will eventually play in the NHL for a long time.But he's not ready now nor will he be anytime soon. He is lacking in defensive ability...kinda important for a defenseman in the NHL. Offensively he's great.
My comments were made while he was in the Vegas organization. What Ottawa does is or could be totally different...they have a different agenda.They have to justify trading their best player and have to show fans what they got in return. They are already a PR dumpster fire and have to prove they didn't trade Stone for magic beans or something else useless.
Realistically he needs another year in the minors minimum...but I don't know if Ottawa can afford to give him that time and satisfy the natives.
Brannstrom himself in an interview, found on the AHL site, said that being traded was good because he can get to the NHL quicker because they are such a young team and that he was behind a bunch of veterans in Veags.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea for Edmonton to inquire about Carr’s services in the off-season.

Carr would be a cheap bottom 6 option for Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad