VGK changes autograph policy

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I haven't been an autograph person since I reached the age of most of these guys. There's something weird to me about having a 27 year old sign a 35 year old's stuff, but I get that's just me. I'll pay to watch them work all season, but I'm not starstruck or anything when I bump into them. I'd honestly rather just have a beer with them and move on.

Autographs should be for the kids.

Then again, if I could get my jersey signed by everyone on the team this year so I could eventually frame it, I might bite at the opportunity.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
With the Sharks, I usually got maybe 10 things signed/season, promo giveaways. And may have one thing signed by the team.

There were at least a dozen of known pro autograph seekers.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
With the Sharks, I usually got maybe 10 things signed/season, promo giveaways. And may have one thing signed by the team.

There were at least a dozen of known pro autograph seekers.
It's obviously very early into the history of the Knights, but Las Vegas feels a lot like San Jose right now. A pretty awesome little city with more people wearing hockey gear than NFL/MLB/NBA stuff. It's all I've ever hoped for. I hope it lasts.

Ms. BattleBorn is from San Jose and a pretty big Sharks fan (I drive to every VGK game in Ms. BB's car with the Sharks license plate frame) so I spent a lot of time in SJ. It's kind of a unique place in that way.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I was never an autograph person. When I see someone recognizable in public I say to myself "Hey, that's so-and-so. Wonder what they're doing here." And I move on.

Used to work at McCarran, and I ran across "celebrity" types almost nightly. Had interactions with many. Nicest by far, B.B. King. Kind of an ass, Jerry Lewis. Oh, and Virginia Madsen. Needy and a bit b i t c h y. :laugh: Most others somewhere in between.

Anywho, I digress. Growing up in long ago and far away New Jersey I had a good buddy who was a desperate Mets fan. So we often hopped a train and the subway to Shea. For a game. And for my buddy to get autographs. Always autographs.

One night, Tug McGraw was on the field signing autographs pregame. My buddy couldn't contain himself and raced down to the box seats and leaned over an older gentleman sitting in one of the seats, nearly folding the poor guy in half. Buddy shoved his pen at McGraw. Seeing how the older guy was being smothered, Tug took my buddy's pen, said "No!" and stabbed him in the stomach with his own pen. :biglaugh:

Funny...and embarrassing as heck. If I had ever had any aspirations to collect autographs, that incident would have cured me. Not cool.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's obviously very early into the history of the Knights, but Las Vegas feels a lot like San Jose right now. A pretty awesome little city with more people wearing hockey gear than NFL/MLB/NBA stuff. It's all I've ever hoped for. I hope it lasts.

Ms. BattleBorn is from San Jose and a pretty big Sharks fan (I drive to every VGK game in Ms. BB's car with the Sharks license plate frame) so I spent a lot of time in SJ. It's kind of a unique place in that way.

They sell VGK license frames. Just an FYI ;)

I mean, how often does she look at her own license plate? ;)

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
They sell VGK license frames. Just an FYI ;)

I mean, how often does she look at her own license plate? ;)
Here's the thing with the Sharks license place frame, and why I think the Golden Knights are extremely important for the next few years...

My girlfriend likes hockey because of me. I got her into hockey.

My girlfriend loved the Sharks well before I got her into hockey fifteen years ago. I'm not sure she ever watched a game on TV prior to me telling her the Sharks were good. She'd attended a few games in San Jose with family while she lived in San Jose, but I'm not sure she ever really watched hockey or had a major interest in it. She's a Sharks fan because she loves San Jose and the San Jose Sharks are the sports representation of San Jose on a national level.

I'm not messing with that. It's the exact same reason I'm a Knights fan and that it was fairly easy for me to make the switch from my childhood/hometown team to the Golden Knights that represent the city I've spent most of my life in. I've moved to her side of the aisle more than she's moved to mine. She's kept her team of 25 years, and I'm the huge hockey fan that switched teams after making fun of people that have done the same exact thing in the past.

The frame can stay on the car for as long as she wants it there.

She's really a Knights fan, though. :laugh:

I thought she'd get more into the 49ers once they moved to San Jose/Santa Clara. If they'd have changed the name to the San Jose 49ers, she might have been, but they didn't.

She's just a fan of her city, which is woefully underappreciated as a major American city, and I understand that. I feel the same way for Las Vegas.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad