Confirmed Trade: [VGK/CAR] Erik Haula for Nicolas Roy and 2021 conditional 5th round pick

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Damn Canes fans been asking bout Haula so much they memed the trade into reality.

I miss Holla already. :(

Roy should be the 14th forward and replace Carpenter. RH, big C, can be sent to the AHL for cap savings.

I would have liked a conditional pick though.
Edit: there was a conditional pick, still I'd have liked a conditional 2nd.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Love it.

He's very cheap next year relative to his 17-18 production at just $2.75 mil. There's no long-term commitment attached to him as a 2020 UFA. He can play center now and shift over to the wing for Necas later, if re-signed. A center pushes Wallmark down instead of a wing forcing Foegele to the 4th line coming off his big postseason. He scored 12 PPGs in his big year; there's a fit for him in the mid-slot/netfront of a reformed PP.

A Foegele - Haula - Necas speed line changes the dynamic of the Bottom 6.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Only need to dump what 10 more million if they want to sign Gusev?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Judging from numbers, Roy appears to be a career AHLer. I guess Haula coming off serious injuries had no value.

22 years of age. 11g last year 17 this past year in Charlotte, he was huge for them in a Calder win against the Wolves with 15 points in 19 playoff games.

Looks like an OK prospect with a bit of upside to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
There’s the first move Vegas had to make. Nice trade for Carolina. Kind of surprised he didn’t fetch a little more.

It’ll be interesting to see how many more players Vegas has to move out.

Reactions: derriko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad