News Article: Vezina candidate Tuukka Rask not satisfied

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“I’ve been here for many years now and I’ve seen good and bad from our team and I know where the good is,†Rask said. “So the bar is really high and we want to be there. Having young guys back there, obviously it’s not going to be easy. This year wasn’t easy for us, but everybody is more experienced next year and I think we can only get better.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...with-season/59lPpqsOJQSHe22ds95ttL/story.html

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Can't put all the blame on Rask, we know he's a competitive guy that wants to win. Maybe if the top 6 outside of Iggy, Smith and somewhat Lucic didn't suck we would have won.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Well, Tuukka didn't make that one big save that every top notch goaltender should be making.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
FFS try not blaming your teammates for once. I like the guy but he really rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pretty sure he said "we" can only get better, hardly think this was a shot at the D. Everyone here worried on the eve of the playoffs if the young D could hold up, they played pretty much as I expected, Tuukka could have made THE save on a few occasions, the biggest issue for me will always be, those the team turns to for scoring, didn`t.

And with the way the boys were not putting the puck in the net, wondering out loud if it would have mattered if Tuukka was near flawless?

.930 save pct, we`ve all seen far worse, Thomas had a .938 in the Cup year with the boys scoring at THE moment they had to

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Pretty sure he said "we" can only get better, hardly think this was a shot at the D. Everyone here worried on the eve of the playoffs if the young D could hold up, they played pretty much as I expected, Tuukka could have made THE save on a few occasions, the biggest issue for me will always be, those the team turns to for scoring, didn`t.

And with the way the boys were not putting the puck in the net, wondering out loud if it would have mattered if Tuukka was near flawless?

.930 save pct, we`ve all seen far worse, Thomas had a .938 in the Cup year with the boys scoring at THE moment they had to

That's pretty much my take on it too.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Well, Tuukka didn't make that one big save that every top notch goaltender should be making.

KI saw him make more than one 'big' save in the playoffs. He did miss some bad shots but thats hockey. Notably against Detroit he made two ridiculous saved in one motion, one with the glove and the rebound with his leg, all in one motion. People only remember the ones that cost us and forget the ones that kept us there in the first place.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

TT always seemed to make the timely save in 2011,stats don't tell the whole story.I hope we are not going to have to wait for a goalie to do what Thomas did in 2011 to win another Cup or we might be waiting a long time.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
TT always seemed to make the timely save in 2011,stats don't tell the whole story.I hope we are not going to have to wait for a goalie to do what Thomas did in 2011 to win another Cup or we might be waiting a long time.

Always? Like giving up the only goal in game 1 of the SCF? Being on the other side of the ice in game 2 in OT? All of the early goals vs. Tampa?

Thomas did something we'll never see again from a goalie, but it wasn't all peaches and cream.

Don't see this as a shot at the D. What is he supposed to say? Bart, Krug, and Miller were amazing? He's being honest and I'm sure our D would be the first to agree with him. They SUCKED, young and old, Boychuk/Dougie aside.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Always? Like giving up the only goal in game 1 of the SCF? Being on the other side of the ice in game 2 in OT? All of the early goals vs. Tampa?

Thomas did something we'll never see again from a goalie, but it wasn't all peaches and cream.

Looking at the year 2010-2011 in it's entirety ,Tim Thomas displayed the best goaltending that I have ever seen,from a Bruin goalie anyways.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Could have sworn some guy named task lead all goaltenders in the playoffs in save % and GAA. . .

Random Task?

austin-joe.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad