Vey should stay!

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I know it is two games but with what he has done in the A the last couple of years I'm impressed. I think he has the talent to make the Kings a better team. I am a Stoll fan but I think Vey can step in now and drop Stoll to fourth line minutes to finish out his last year here. Fraser is redundant and can be waived for all I care. Stoll can even be dangled if needed.

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Fraser brings energy/effort and I've nothing against him, but c'mon. This shouldnt be a discussion.

I'm not saying Vey should stay because of two games but there are so many better options out there. If you look at the elite teams, they all have a few players on the bottom six that have some skill and can score a goal so now and then. If you would put Fraser on waivers, nobody will claim him.

Stooll, Clifford, Lewis (though I like him), Fraser all have hands of stone and have no hockey sense (offensively).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Bernier, Muzzin, Martinez,Voynov, King, Toffoli...

All went down after getting a taste of the NHL. Just because he can play doesn't mean it's the best choice for the player or the organization.

JCabranes

Aug 9, 2008
Racine, Wisconsin
Fraser brings energy/effort and I've nothing against him, but c'mon. This shouldnt be a discussion.

I'm not saying Vey should stay because of two games but there are so many better options out there. If you look at the elite teams, they all have a few players on the bottom six that have some skill and can score a goal so now and then. If you would put Fraser on waivers, nobody will claim him.

Stooll, Clifford, Lewis (though I like him), Fraser all have hands of stone and have no hockey sense (offensively).

Stoll and Lewis are excellent penalty killers... They aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
:facepalm:

Who said we should get rid of them ? I never understand those responses with the typical "They arent going anywhere" remark.

But while we are at it, Stoll is also massively overpaid.

If Lewis can prove he's up to the task of #3C (and I think he did okay against San Jose last spring) while Stoll is recovering, I think it will go a long way towards Stoll's departure this offseason. If that were to happen, not only would Vey have a roster spot for the taking, but it would give us some money to look at the left side or the defence, whatever the flavour of the week is at the time.

CanadianKingsFan14

Jan 19, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I think Vey should stay. That move he made last night was incredible. He seems smart and doesnt make too many mistakes. Waive or trade Fraser drop Stoll to 4th line. Stoll will see more ice time on the pk and pp.

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
I think Vey should stay. That move he made last night was incredible. He seems smart and doesnt make too many mistakes. Waive or trade Fraser drop Stoll to 4th line. Stoll will see more ice time on the pk and pp.

I'd love to see Vey stick around, I just don't think it'll happen once the injured guys are back. Toffoli has to stay on the team, it would be monumentally stupid to send him down. It hurts knowing that Vey could come in and be exponentially more productive than the black hole that is Jarret Stoll, but it is what it is

HolyShot*

Keep vey up. We should trade Stoll. I love the guy but he just doesn't have it anymore. Anyways, we need size and waiving Fraser won't help us accomplish that.

KingKopitar11*

Vey should stay up. 5 goals and none of it was from Kopitar. That sounds like secondary talent stepping in. Why kill what we need?

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
He should stay, but it might come down to the numbers game. It's not going to be easy dealing somebody to make room due to a lot of teams having cap issues. It sucks because he does belong. Lombardi has some tough decisions to make when Carter and Stoll come back.
I think Richardson is still trying to figure out what happened on that Nolan goal.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
He should stay, but it might come down to the numbers game. It's not going to be easy dealing somebody to make room due to a lot of teams having cap issues. It sucks because he does belong. Lombardi has some tough decisions to make when Carter and Stoll come back.

I don't think it will be that hard for DL. Toffoli will probably stay if he keeps playing well and Vey will be sent back down.

If Clifford is going to be out for awhile, Vey might even be sent down sooner to make room for Pearson. This is particularly true since Stoll is skating.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

haha you said stool

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Stoll, Fraser, Vey

Stoll isn't going anyplace face it, even though DL could possibly get something for him right now.

Fraser brings grit, but so does Nolan, Clifford, Carbomb, Greene, RR (wasn't he supposed to have this?)

Vey brings something neither of those guys has - speed and skill.

Send Fraser to MAN if he clears. Fraser is expendable at this point and isn't going to bring anything to the line up that doesn't already exist. Stoll has intangibles, PK and face offs. Vey has speed and skill.

to me this is a no brainer moving forward if i am Lombardi. 11 - 10 - 57 - 28 down the middle moving forward.

HolyShot*

Stoll, Fraser, Vey

Stoll isn't going anyplace face it, even though DL could possibly get something for him right now.

Fraser brings grit, but so does Nolan, Clifford, Carbomb, Greene, RR (wasn't he supposed to have this?)

Vey brings something neither of those guys has - speed and skill.

Send Fraser to MAN if he clears. Fraser is expendable at this point and isn't going to bring anything to the line up that doesn't already exist. Stoll has intangibles, PK and face offs. Vey has speed and skill.

to me this is a no brainer moving forward if i am Lombardi. 11 - 10 - 57 - 28 down the middle moving forward.

U don't keep a guy because he's good at face offs and putting him on the fourth line negates the size we'll need every night. The worst thing that can happen right now is getting pushed around by other teams. Stoll is expendable and should be traded. I'm thinking a couple 2nd rounders??? Is that the right value for Stoll?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Name the last Vet like Stoll ( who Lombardi praises) that Lombardi traded....

He didn't even want to trade Ryan Smyth after He asked to be traded.

With the Cap the way it is(for most NHL teams), only way Stoll is leaving this team(this year) is:

1.Retirement
2.Buy out.

I wouldn't even be shocked if Stoll is resigned next year to a lower contract.

At some points last year and this year, This board has wanted:

Kopitar
Brown
Doughty
Quick
King
Lewis
Nolan
Clifford
Richards
Williams
Muzzin
Frattin
Stoll
RR

Gone off the team traded....You get the idea.

Lombardi is not going to move Stoll, he would have a hard time doing it if he wanted too(most buyers are up against the Cap).

I would be shocked if he did, that would be a complete 180 from Lombardi.

I believe you have a better chance of hoping Stoll retires (due to health concerns).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad