Confirmed Signing with Link: Vesey signs with the New York Rangers Part 2

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
What "hot take"? No one cares about some random Devils prospect not on a poll. It's meaningless. I get that you're very upset over this, but it shouldn't allow you to be so continually biased.

Just pointing out how Button's list was garbage is all I was getting at. Also, not very upset about Vesey going to the Rangers, he would've had to fight Boucher for the 3rd line LW job because he sure as hell wasn't sniffing our top 6. Thanks for telling me how I feel, though.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
he won't

be in NYR top 6 either. free asset . hopefully he can put up 35-40 pts and continue to mature and get better. another young player to add to the fold added for nothing. makes trading those picks for the excitement around trade deadline time a little easier to lose when guys like vesey and hayes are added for freeeee. welcome to the world's most famous arena jimmy vesey

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Just pointing out how Button's list was garbage is all I was getting at. Also, not very upset about Vesey going to the Rangers, he would've had to fight Boucher for the 3rd line LW job because he sure as hell wasn't sniffing our top 6. Thanks for telling me how I feel, though.

You've continually trashed either Vesey or the Rangers since the signing. So I think it's obvious you're upset over this. The irony is that you've been the only one out of the two of us giving "hot takes" on Vesey/the Rangers. I've said for a while now that I feel he's a solid prospect but likely nothing all that special. If we listened to you, he'd already be a bust (well, since he signed with us, anyway).

I like the hot take Boucher comment, though.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
You've continually trashed either Vesey or the Rangers since the signing. So I think it's obvious you're upset over this. The irony is that you've been the only one out of the two of us giving "hot takes" on Vesey/the Rangers. I've said for a while now that I feel he's a solid prospect but likely nothing all that special. If we listened to you, he'd already be a bust (well, since he signed with us, anyway).

I like the hot take Boucher comment, though.

Haha, yes, I'm the only one spitting hot takes, when you agree with a list that precludes Zacha from a top 50 prospects list.

Also, look at what Boucher did to the AHL in his early 20s and how he was .5ppg on the Devils, who couldn't score. Try to explain how Vesey is definitely better than him atm. This should be good.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Haha, yes, I'm the only one spitting hot takes, when you agree with a list that precludes Zacha from a top 50 prospects list.

Also, look at what Boucher did to the AHL in his early 20s and how he was .5ppg on the Devils, who couldn't score. Try to explain how Vesey is definitely better than him atm. This should be good.

I'd like a citation where I "agree[d]" with this "list". Don't worry. I'll wait. Take all the time you need.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I specialize in citations. I can help you guys for a small fee. Feel free to pay me in pizza.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
do you guys think the rangers have 9 players that can score 20 goals?

I think Vesey and Buchnevich will be in the 15-20 range... most likely closer to 15 though. Hayes is more of a setup man, even if he returns to his rookie form after a "sophomore slump."

So, no I don't think they'll have 9 20g scorers. I'd feel pretty confident saying 6 guys at 20 or more though.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think Vesey and Buchnevich will be in the 15-20 range... most likely closer to 15 though. Hayes is more of a setup man, even if he returns to his rookie form after a "sophomore slump."

So, no I don't think they'll have 9 20g scorers. I'd feel pretty confident saying 6 guys at 20 or more though.

Six guys at 20 is one more than last season, so it'd be welcome. I think they should hit seven if Nash rebounds, however.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I think there is a good chance Kreider ends up playing on a line with Buchnevich, since Kreider speaks Russian and can help Buch's transition a little. If that's the case, Vesey (if he shows he can actually play at the NHL level) could end up playing with normal top 6 players that could help his production.

We know AV will try his best to spread the talent out at first.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
thanks for the feedback

i agree. its good balance. this team should be modeled after the 2011 bruins. it is where gorton comes from after all.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I've been watching Vesey since his freshman year. He's a beast. Nuff said. Congrats to NYR, thankfully it wasn't Chicago

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I guess it is a compliment to Boston (and other finalists) that he wouldn't sign. He is saying the B's (and others) are too deep and bright with prospects/players for him to make easy $$ and have a predetermined role lined up.

In hindsight NY is the perfect team for him. Might have been smarter to go to Crosby or Kane if he wants the paydays, but NYR will be able to guarantee him a long term future in the top lines.

He underestimated himself -- he would have done just fine anywhere and will someday be a good player for the NYR.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I was never attached to the Hawks signing him - if they had, I would have been happy about it...basically a 'free' player (except for the contract/roster spot). But I'm fine that they missed out on him.

Not surprised at all that he wanted to sign with the Rangers. Great team, fantastic city - and an attractive place to be for a young player.

I'm not at all sold on the negativity I've seen thrown at NYR this thread and last. I don't buy them being on their last legs. They're currently a competitive team and I think that, organization wise, they have enough attractive qualities that they can "re-boot" in a way other teams can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad