Line Combos: Vesey Kerfoot and Simmonds????

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
What do you think? Vesey and Kerfoot played at crimson together when vesey won da hobey baker. Add in some size and toughness with Simmonds and maybe we got another line here folks. Could be a solid mix of skills.

Reactions: ToneDog

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Likely what is going to happen unless Engvall, Robertson, or Barabanov have anything to say about it...

Or if Vesey is in the top 6 and Mikheyev is on the 3rd line.

Reactions: qqaz and saltming

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Come on, man. Vesey sucks, and Simmonds is a 4th liner/13th forward at this point. Weren't people watching hockey last few years? The reality is that that line would suck majorly. Wouldn't be a good line at all.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Come on, man. Vesey sucks, and Simmonds is a 4th liner/13th forward at this point. Weren't people watching hockey last few years? The reality is that that line would suck majorly. Wouldn't be a good line at all.
Doesn't that depend on what you expect that line to do?
If theykeep possession and wear down the opposition, that's a good thing

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
There is no reason for Vesey to be on the third line over Robertson unless he lays an egg at camp. Vesey is more of a fourth liner at this point to start.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Doesn't that depend on what you expect that line to do?
If theykeep possession and wear down the opposition, that's a good thing

Let me ask you, and I am just asking genuinely: what have you seen from Vesey and Simmonds that makes you think they are top 9 forwards on a good team? I have not seen anything, maybe you have.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

When all your candidates are bargain bin players, it pretty much goes without saying that your 3rd and 4th lines are going to suck. Better hope the areas of the team that most of the money is allocated to performs enough to compensate.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Let me ask you, and I am just asking genuinely: what have you seen from Vesey and Simmonds that makes you think they are top 9 forwards on a good team? I have not seen anything, maybe you have.
I see 2 guys that can skate well play a heavy grinding style that are pretty smart on the ice.
Both guys have something to prove, so imexpecting effort and emotion.
I'm not looking for that like to score large. I think they will contribute on the score board, but I'm thinking they will wear down other teams. Eat se minutes and let the top 6 rest.

Reactions: aingefan

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I could see this materializing. There's also the possibility of having one of the new adds in the top six to give a different look there. I don't know that any one line is etched in stone. That could prove to be a good thing.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I was thinking of this setup last night...

Hyman Matty Mitch - 18ish mins
Willy JT Simmonds - 18ish mins
Vesey Kerf Anderson (3A, 11-12 mins)
Barabanov Spezz Soup (3B, 11-12 mins)

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Vesey and Simmonds are both reclamation projects, in a sense. Both players were barely NHL worthy when the last regular season ended.

That said, I've heard nothing but good things about the health, prep, and attitude from both of them. They sound ready to bounce back.

I don't know if they'll land on line 3 with Kerfoot. But I'd bet Dubas and Keefe would be happy if they did. I think both will get a chance, if nothing else.

If they bounce back, it's a 3rd line I really like. If not, Vesey and Simmonds could both be waived. And I think we have the depth to bury them if they stink. None of us can know anything until training camp.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Soup - Line 3B
I think he would be better with JT.
Simmonds is not the player he was 5 years ago. I think he can still play, but I think soup brings more right now based on what he did before injury last year.
Prime Simmonds yes but today's Simmonds meh

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I think he would be better with JT.
Simmonds is not the player he was 5 years ago. I think he can still play, but I think soup brings more right now based on what he did before injury last year.
Prime Simmonds yes but today's Simmonds meh

Ya I'd only try him there and would only leave him there if he showed to be healthy an' could handle the minutes

Reactions: saltming

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
It’s almost as if Simmonds was injured most of last year...

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
upload_2020-10-16_12-38-50.png

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Vesey had a bad year last year, in his defense though it was with the Sabres. In his time in New York he was close to 20 goals a year and I don't see why he cannot get back to that level with us.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
we need an upgrade on SOUP playing 2nd line. Let him start lower and earn his way up. He had a poor playoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad