Very Few St. Louis Blues Prospects Maintaining Consistent Roles at NHL Level

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
This one would be fun during contract negotiations.

Teammates? Hometown discounts? What about me? Brother's shepherd my ass!

Vladimir Tarasenko should play for free. He is a powerful being whose life will be fulfilled through his accomplishments and feats which will bring him the ultimate prize: happiness and self-worth.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
No mention of knowledge though, indicating Armstrong would believe Tarasenko preferred to remain in an unthinking state which would violate the very tenets he just attempted to sell (viz: happiness and self-worth)

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Screw a lightbulb, I wish someone on this team would find some toughness and grit buried in a cave

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Wow. I don't know what to say. Poorly written is an understatement.

If Binnington is ahead of Allen then why did the Blues sign Brodeur and Allen is still sharing time with Elliott?

Or the fact that Lindstrom played in THREE games this entire month yet we are trying to re-sign him?

Bizarre read.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I appreciate it that someone is writing about the Blues, but maybe we can invite him to our board (maybe he ganders here and there?) and educate him a little bit.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
How has Binnington passed Allen? Seems strange given that Allen seems to have a decent record as a backup, though his save percentage is probably not as high as one would like. Just seems like a strange article.
Although I haven't heard much talk of it, what is everyone's thoughts on the Blues resigning Jake, as he is a RFA at the end of the season. Are they perhaps setting it up to bring Binnington up and letting Jake sign elsewhere? Like I said, I haven't really heard anything, so just curious what the (rumours or speculation) plans are for Jake. From my personal opinion, I think that Jake has had a pretty good rookie season (tied the rookie record for shutouts) and a good win - loss record. I for one would like to see him stick around in St Louis.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Jake isn't going anywhere, management see's him as the future. Binnington will need at least another year in the AHL before he is ready. He has the potential to be just as good but we'll see, Im actually more intrigued with Husso myself.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock into how HF ranks our prospects, its pretty well known that their rankings are awful.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
How has Binnington passed Allen? Seems strange given that Allen seems to have a decent record as a backup, though his save percentage is probably not as high as one would like. Just seems like a strange article.
Although I haven't heard much talk of it, what is everyone's thoughts on the Blues resigning Jake, as he is a RFA at the end of the season. Are they perhaps setting it up to bring Binnington up and letting Jake sign elsewhere? Like I said, I haven't really heard anything, so just curious what the (rumours or speculation) plans are for Jake. From my personal opinion, I think that Jake has had a pretty good rookie season (tied the rookie record for shutouts) and a good win - loss record. I for one would like to see him stick around in St Louis.

I don't see Allen going anywhere. Binnington could play at Chicago a couple years and it wouldn't kill him. Allen did. Let Binnington see some rubber and gain some consistency. Being a Blues goalie isn't easy. Either you are sitting in a lawn chair doing nothing or you have point blank chances you can't see. Nothing easy about being a goalie in St louis at all. Thankless job.

Ditto on Husso Sir Paste... I think he's the one to watch....

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
All one had to read was "The Blues are trying to resign Joakim Lindström." to realise that that writer knows about as much about this year's Blues as my grandmother, who died in 1987.

Pretty embarrassing for a website that purports to know something about what's going on in the world of organised hockey, wouldn't you say?

I'd bet they'd get some quality writers if they'd pay them a competitive wage. Unfortunately, websites such as this don't earn money to be able to operate that way. Too bad for us readers.

If I were extremely well-to-do, I'd do it for free. But, I've got to work for a living, and I'm well past normal retirement age, and barely able to do enough work to keep the various roofs over my head now. I'll have to work till I drop (and at a good wage that can't be had from any hockey column or freelance writing gigs I could get).

We need someone who is up on The Blues regularly, who knows his stuff, (who is currently making good money at his not-so-demanding day job, who, at the same time, is also looking for a future career in hockey journalism, to come along and take over this thankless job.

Does that person exist?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I guess I would be willing to do it, but I don't really have a journalist background.

I could squeeze it in to my college schedule

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
You'll be fine. It can be collective journalism. We all contribute.

Yes. We're not looking to read Pulitzer Prize winners, -just to get current information on our favourite team, and to get exposed to another slant on our team's play, augmented by good research, to start discussions that might not otherwise occur.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
McKeen's is a much better site but they don't throw up enough articles to keep a dedicated following. They are bookmarked on my computer, however.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
All one had to read was "The Blues are trying to resign Joakim Lindström." to realise that that writer knows about as much about this year's Blues as my grandmother, who died in 1987.

Pretty embarrassing for a website that purports to know something about what's going on in the world of organised hockey, wouldn't you say?

I'd bet they'd get some quality writers if they'd pay them a competitive wage. Unfortunately, websites such as this don't earn money to be able to operate that way. Too bad for us readers.

If I were extremely well-to-do, I'd do it for free. But, I've got to work for a living, and I'm well past normal retirement age, and barely able to do enough work to keep the various roofs over my head now. I'll have to work till I drop (and at a good wage that can't be had from any hockey column or freelance writing gigs I could get).

We need someone who is up on The Blues regularly, who knows his stuff, (who is currently making good money at his not-so-demanding day job, who, at the same time, is also looking for a future career in hockey journalism, to come along and take over this thankless job.

Does that person exist?

I don't know if things have changed but a few years ago the pay was $20/article. I was asked if I was interested but that honestly wasn't worth my time. If I was in college? I'd probably jump at the extra cash. So what we need is a kid that wants to write and is actually knowledgable about the team/prospects. Bonus if it's someone looking for some writing experience (perhaps a journalism major).

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would give it a shot if I had any idea how to get the ball rolling. I would honestly do it for free as I just love watching/talking hockey. I have an English degree, so while my articles may be terribly off base, you can bet my grammar would be on point :laugh: If anyone knows where I "apply", let me know.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I would give it a shot if I had any idea how to get the ball rolling. I would honestly do it for free as I just love watching/talking hockey. I have an English degree, so while my articles may be terribly off base, you can bet my grammar would be on point :laugh: If anyone knows where I "apply", let me know.

Here ya go!

link

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Given that you have an English degree, you probably need it more than me. ;) good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad