Very Few St. Louis Blues Prospects Maintaining Consistent Roles at NHL Level

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
dmitrij_jaskin_st_louis_021015.jpg
Photo: St. Louis Blues prospect Dmitrij Jaskin could provide additional scoring depth in the playoffs. (courtesy of Keith Gillett/Icon Sportswire)

Going into the season, it was already clear that the St. Louis Blues had a strong lineup and did not need to rush any young players. Fortunately, even with the few spots available at the NHL level, a couple of prospects are enjoying increasingly significant roles as the Blues make a run for the NHL playoffs.

Regardless of the outcome, this season will dictate the future of the Blues. They have pushed for the playoffs for the past few years and will look to re-sign current players like Vladimir Tarasenko and Joakim Lindstrom in the offseason.… read more

The post Very Few St. Louis Blues Prospects Maintaining Consistent Roles at NHL Level appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I had a chuckle when I read that the Blues will be looking to re-sign Lindstrom.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
As the article states, the Blues will have to make some tough decisions next year, we may have to let Tarasenko walk in order to sign Lidstrom. Just not enough cap room for both and clearly you have to go with the grizzly vet, you win cups with guys like Lidstrom sitting up in the press box.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm torn.

I'm happy to see more material covering St Louis. But its also obviously not written by someone who follows the team very closely, and a few statements come across as a little bizarre. (re-signing Lindstrom. Binnington passing Allen?)

I'll just say that I hope the author can keep building on his knowledge of the Blues hockey club and prospects so that the quality of his writing will reflect it. You have to start somewhere.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Also who decided in our prospect rankings that Binnington was our 2nd best prospect (ahead of Allen even)? I know it wasn't us

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not awful on the Binnington ahead of Allen. Binnington has really good numbers for his age. I wouldn't put him ahead of Allen yet though.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Seriously? Not to sound like a total **** but that's one of the worst articles I've ever read. The guy must not watch the Blues at all and is pretty clueless about out prospects as well

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There is some mistakes and errors, but mostly decent info and I'm glad somebody write things. That said, Is this guy sponsored by HFboards? I refer that poster is @HF Article.
One thing I hope people don't judge writer 'cus he is clearly from South Asia.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The problem I have with this article, not including the errors, is there was clearly no deep thought behind it. All it does is state statistics which anyone can find, and generic comments about the players that could apply to any prospect.

For Lindbohm, the author just says that he has size and skill but he needs to improve physically and work on his two-way game. That comment could be said for any D prospect, it doesn't say anything specific about Lindbohm.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Also who decided in our prospect rankings that Binnington was our 2nd best prospect (ahead of Allen even)? I know it wasn't us

The same guy that wrote this article - Suraj Sukumar.

He also has Fabbri as our 5th best prospect. I don't know if he's trying to be "edgy" by purposefully writing opinions way outside the norm...or if he's simply a guy that doesn't know the Blues and their prospects very well that for some reason got tabbed to be the Blues HF writer and is randomly just saying things so that he can be done with the article.

Whatever. It makes hockeysfuture.com look a little weak but most in this forum are pretty knowledgable and know the true values, attributes, etc. of most of our prospects.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Anyways, the writer must look just at the scoresheet and not watch anything live. This same guys seems to do all of our articles. Someone else needs to step up that actually has followed these prospects a little closer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
So it's not a sure thing Allen is Elliott s backup for the playoffs? Smh I guess since binnington has better AHL stats than Allen has NHL stats he passed him yet one is in the NHL while the other is in the AHL.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I refuse to go to any of the blues articles on hf until they get someone who actually knows the team or this guy starts paying attention to what he's writing about.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I have a simple question.

Is it possible for HF to find a writer more ignorant and/or less qualified to report on the Blues' prospects? I mean this seriously.

This...I dunno..."report" I suppose, is inaccurate enough to be worthless to anyone who's ever watched or read anything on a Blues draft within the last year, however it isn't far enough off to be an amusing satire.

So, since HF has proven, time and again, that they really don't care if the writers know anything about the team or prospects they are covering let's get serious about this and make it intentionally horrible. Let's find a livejournal teen who can practice self mutilation while noting the Blues have no future. Let's have Rich from Maryland Heights do one where he notes every player isn't tough enough and they're all lifetime losers and they should trade Berglund and Rattie for Crosby.
Oh, and he's a season ticket holder and has been for 10+ yard.

Let's find the one guy in every fanbase who thinks every prospect is better than everyone on the current team and thus gives the Blues prospects 8.0B+ ratings for everyone not named Scott Jackson.

If you're gonna suck, at least make it amusing. It's my personal motto in life.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
If that hurt anyone's feelings on the staff I'm not apologizing. Seriously, if you don't wanna cover the Blues then don't.

I may be a bit crankier than usual since it's been the week from hell and I just watched the Blues lay an egg vs Pittsburgh, but the sentiment doesn't change.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Well, at least someone said it. The amount of homework done on the Blues is clearly lacking, and it represents the team and league poorly...So, I'm happy to see others aren't going to take it either.

Or maybe we're all wrong, and Jaskin is the fastest prospect we had and other crazy things that have been said through HF. ;)

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Thinking about joining the staff here at HF and writing from the perspective of Franz Kafka or Ayn Rand.

Or go a bit further and write in haiku.

No, wait...limericks.

There once was Fabbri of Nantucket...

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Thinking about joining the staff here at HF and writing from the perspective of Franz Kafka or Ayn Rand.

Or go a bit further and write in haiku.

No, wait...limericks.

There once was Fabbri of Nantucket...

This one would be fun during contract negotiations.

Teammates? Hometown discounts? What about me? Brother's shepherd my ass!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad