Very Early Prediction Time! Where Do You See The Canucks Finishing The Season?

Where do the Canucks finish the regular season?

• Total voters

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting thread..Reading through it, ..I sensed a lot more optimism /level headed thinking than previous years...

The poll was interesting,...the folks that had them at the bottom of the league were the usual Negative Nellies, and the majority of the ones that had them finishing at the top of the division/ league were being comedians.

Reactions: calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Interesting thread..Reading through it, ..I sensed a lot more optimism /level headed thinking than previous years...

The poll was interesting,...the folks that had them at the bottom of the league were the usual Negative Nellies, and the majority of the ones that had them finishing at the top of the division/ league were being comedians.

I think I saw someones post about losing Horvat productivity will hurt this team, turns out it was a blessing as Boeser rediscovered his scoring touch.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I predicted that they'd be just outside looking in.

I also predicted that they wouldn't win a playoff round this season or any of the following three. Obviously I was wrong wrong wrong on the first, but though I'm not yet officially wrong on the second, really I'm wrong there too, because in my mind it was a proxy for "contention."

Even if they lose in the first, they're clearly a cup contender.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I voted top 3 in the Pacific and actually meant it. From Management to coaching to player additions, there was a lot to like this past off-season.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Yeah, I did ok. What was the date of my post?
Edit - found it. Aug 28. All in all I can claim a pretty good call. Sad that Kuz didnt work out. Miller has been lights out. And 110 points seems very realistic. But no one, at all, was predicting that.

A few major surprises. The 3rd line. the 4th line. Juulsen.

And I hope we keep Zadorov. I don't know what he will be willing to sign for, but I think he is damn near as valuable to this team as Hronek. (And I thought we overpaid for Hronek, I was mostly wrong). He has been great. Sadly, that means we probably can't afford him.

King Crimson

Oct 6, 2011
Nice. It's a relief to see that I wasn't just being hopelessly optimistic when I voted top 3 in the Pacific. I didn't post in this thread back then, but in another one I wrote that I expected about a 20 point improvement. I didn't think they'd be on pace to blow right past that! I'm sad that I was wrong about Kuzmenko. I really wanted him to work out here.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I predicted that they'd be just outside looking in.

I also predicted that they wouldn't win a playoff round this season or any of the following three. Obviously I was wrong wrong wrong on the first, but though I'm not yet officially wrong on the second, really I'm wrong there too, because in my mind it was a proxy for "contention."

Even if they lose in the first, they're clearly a cup contender.

Vegas gives us the 6th best odds to come out of west to the finals.

Nice. It's a relief to see that I wasn't just being hopelessly optimistic when I voted top 3 in the Pacific. I didn't post in this thread back then, but in another one I wrote that I expected about a 20 point improvement. I didn't think they'd be on pace to blow right past that! I'm sad that I was wrong about Kuzmenko. I really wanted him to work out here.
I think you were.

With what information we had at the time.

Something very unlikely took place.

King Crimson

Oct 6, 2011
I like to think I made a decently educated guess based on what we saw under Tocchet and management. I truly believed that the way Tocchet had the team playing was much more stable and sustainable than under Boudreau. The talent was always there, and Allvin went out to specifically address the team's shortcomings. The Canucks were already on the cusp, but the way management was able to get good support pieces had me believing that the only direction was up.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

Vegas gives us the 6th best odds to come out of west to the finals.

I think you were.

With what information we had at the time.

Something very unlikely took place.
If the Canucks get smoked in the first round I'll go back to saying I was right all along.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Amazing what buy in can do for a team when you have coaches that know what they are doing and management that can address key additions and roles.

I had 5th/6th in the West without knowing what Hronek would look like and the effect additions in Zadorov Lafferty and DeSmith would have in helping solidify the group. Hughes Demko Boeser and Miller have all been at the peaks of what i could have realistically hoped for so i think i was close to having a handle on what this team was capable of if players came in and put their best foot forward.

Really hoping we can go on a run but man is the West a blood bath. 1st could net LA or Vegas that's just nasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad