WC: Versus

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
it seems as if Versus will be showing the rest of the tournament. they have both Semi-Final games on today and the Canada/Russia game was on yesterday. can anyone confirm that Versus will be showing the rest of the tournament?

even if they're not showing the rest of the tournament, if anyone's interested in watching either or both of these games and you live in the States, they will both be on Versus.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
These two posts should be merged with the WC on Versus thread that has been pushed to the second page.

Yes, Versus is scheduled to show the rest of the tournament-the two semifinal
games today and the bronze medal game and gold medal games on Sunday.
The bronze medal game is scheduled to be shown LIVE with coverage starting at
10:00 am ET. The gold medal game will be shown tape delay due to Versus showing
the NLL (Indoor Lacrosse) Championship Game (Washington at Toronto) LIVE at
2:00 pm ET. (If the US had made the gold medal game - it would have been LIVE.)

Due to Versus showing LIVE coverage of the Tour of California bike race from 5:00
pm ET to 7:30 pm ET and then LIVE coverage of Game #1-San Jose at Vancouver
starting with Hockey Central pre-game show at 7:30 pm ET - the earliest Versus
could show the gold medal game would be late night after the NHL coverage is done.

Yes, I would be mad if Versus didn't show the rest of the tournament after the US
got eliminated. When you invested mornings/afternoons watching these games LIVE
and even record one United States game to watch when you came home from work,
you want to be able to watch the ending yourself and not find out what happens via
someone who can - ya know. Yes, it does suck that the gold medal game will be on
tape delay but I'm going to try and not find out the result and watch the game late
Sunday night like its LIVE.

Maybe Versus will be nice to us hockey fans and show the Gold Medal Game after
coverage of the NLL Championship Game ends which would between 4:30 pm ET-
5:00 pm ET. (This is what their buddies over at TSN are doing.) This would be a
better lead-in to their coverage of the San Jose-Vancouver playoff game than the
bike race would. (Coverage of the Tour of California bike race would then move to
the late night time slot.) Hopefully this is the case - would rather watch the Gold
Medal Game at a reasonable time then having to stay up late night especially when
I have to work early the next day.

LS...

Last edited:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
These two posts should be merged with the WC on Versus thread that has been pushed to the second page.

Yes, Versus is scheduled to show the rest of the tournament-the two semifinal
games today and the bronze medal game and gold medal games on Sunday.
The bronze medal game is scheduled to be shown LIVE with coverage starting at
10:00 am ET. The gold medal game will be shown tape delay due to Versus showing
the NLL (Indoor Lacrosse) Championship Game (Washington at Toronto) LIVE at
2:00 pm ET. (If the US had made the gold medal game - it would have been LIVE.)

Due to Versus showing LIVE coverage of the Tour of California bike race from 5:00
pm ET to 7:30 pm ET and then LIVE coverage of Game #1-San Jose at Vancouver
starting with Hockey Central pre-game show at 7:30 pm ET - the earliest Versus
could show the gold medal game would be late night after the NHL coverage is done.

Yes, I would be mad if Versus didn't show the rest of the tournament after the US
got eliminated. When you invested mornings/afternoons watching these games LIVE
and even record one United States game to watch when you came home from work,
you want to be able to watch the ending yourself and not find out what happens via
someone who can - ya know. Yes, it does suck that the gold medal game will be on
tape delay but I'm going to try and not find out the result and watch the game late
Sunday night like its LIVE.

Maybe Versus will be nice to us hockey fans and show the Gold Medal Game after
coverage of the NLL Championship Game ends which would between 4:30 pm ET-
5:00 pm ET. (This is what their buddies over at TSN are doing.) This would be a
better lead-in to their coverage of the San Jose-Vancouver playoff game than the
bike race would. (Coverage of the Tour of California bike race would then move to
the late night time slot.) Hopefully this is the case - would rather watch the Gold
Medal Game at a reasonable time then having to stay up late night especially when
I have to work early the next day.

LS...

thank you so much for clearing this up for me.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Well according to my source - the plan was to show the Bronze Medal Game LIVE if the United States
or/and Canada were playing in the game. No coverage if neither country was playing - which is the case.

If the United States or/and Canada played in the Gold Medal Game it would have been shown LIVE
with the lacrosse being shown either after the Gold Medal Game ended or late night after coverage
of the NHL playoff game ends. (My source wasn't sure when - he thinks the lacrosse had a deal for
the game to be shown right after the Gold Medal game.) If neither Canada/United States made the
game - the lacrosse game would be shown LIVE and the Gold Medal Game would be tape delayed.
This is the case. However it was supposed to have been showed after the lacrosse game ended or
late night after coverage of the NHL playoff game ended. Looks like the people who run the bike
race and the rodeo got pissed that their shows would be interrupted for a taped event and thus
Versus was forced to show the Gold Medal Game on Monday and decided to show it Monday night.

Well anyway, totally sucks that I invested in watching these games for the past couple of weeks
and I'm force to watch the finale on a 29 1/2 hr hour tape delay. I would have waited 2 1/2 hours
like the people in Canada will be doing or wait and watch it late night tonight but I'm not going
to wait and watch it Monday night - ya lost me there. A Game Misconduct To Versus!

Guess I'll need to find a online stream - or just following the game thread in here.

LS...

Last edited:

MTGriz

May 10, 2011
no TV

Wow, what a disappointment! Not enough bandwidth here for live streaming so I am reduced to the online updates. Looks like a great game, too :(

MTGriz

May 10, 2011
bronze!

Some fishing program's more important than the bronze medal game? Versus sure sucks! 11 goals in this one...wow!

MorrisWanchuk

Sep 23, 2008
what a ffing joke. joke channel. ridiculous. have to watch a stupid sport like stick-net-ball or pushbike pedalling. but don't show the final live. absolute BS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad