Versteeg traded to Chicago

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Seriously? Nobody knows who Jimmy Hayes is? He's a good gritty bottom sixer, pretty decent hands and skating for a role player like him. Olsen is a solid D prospect. He's defense first, but he can chip in some offense now and then. He is slightly below Petrovic level as a prospect.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
It's a shame that we couldn't have sent him to another loser team like Buffalo instead of likely winning the Stanley Cup with the Hawks. Happy with the trade but he doesn't deserve to be traded or rather rewarded and sent to a team like that after how he has played here. If Siberia had a NHL team, that is where he should have been moved to. I don't even care what we got back, I am glad he's gone.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Don't be surprised if it's Hayes. He has half a season of NHL experience, has produced, and probably would be in the NHL if not for the Hawks' depth. He's also 6'6".

ive seen hayes play a couple of times. Hes a good depth addition. As others have said this is addition by subtraction. I think we only have to pay steegs contract this year frees up some cash flow to go after real offense who dont make up for their production by allowing goals for the other team.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Good that we got a trade, not much of a big one but still. So next i would like to see a big trade, like getting us some good players that would be without hesitation in the 2nd or 1st line.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
This is a big move and a big sign of Dale tallon that he is committed to building a winning team. Versteeg was tallon's man all along and to swallow his pride and trade away one of his guys is a big statement imo.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
As much as im happy hes gone to go be useless with his mouthpiece chew toy somewhere else I wish we would have gotten more or at least not have to retain half of his contract.

And yea if he ends up winning another cup after what he did (or didn't) do here I'll probably throw up in my mouth :(

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
As much as im happy hes gone to go be useless with his mouthpiece chew toy somewhere else I wish we would have gotten more or at least not have to retain half of his contract.

And yea if he ends up winning another cup after what he did (or didn't) do here I'll probably throw up in my mouth :(

I don't think that getting a 6'6 220lbs RW, and a previous 1st round pick defensemen is ever a bad thing. Plus both are fairly young and have put up decent numbers in the AHL. I think they could both do fairly good here. A lot better than Versteeg could have done. I think what most people don't realize is that this isn't NHL 14, there are actual scouts that watch the games and realize how bad Versteeg has played. Maybe before this season Versteeg's value could've been more.. but after watching him play that bad we couldn't possibly have gotten anything more than what we got.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
I think Tallon did good. A 6'6 forward who can play on the 4th or maybe on the 3rd line and is young, he will have a chance to show what he's got and get the ice time here to prove himself.. No way he could do that with a stacked Chicago team. In addition we get a former 1st round pick defenseman that Tallon drafted and knows well and he too can show what he's got. I'm sure cant be as bad as what we have now.

I am sure both these guys are ecstatic to come here and probably will get to play right away in the NHL and they'll give 110% effort which has been missing from some players, especially Versteeg. It's interesting how Tallon talked about players who really want to play here when Dineen was fired and Versteeg was the 1st to go in trade. It's obvious Versteeg didn't want to play here and it sucks bums like him get coaches fired. Unfortunately he will probably will win a Stanley Cup with the Hawks and that makes me sick. Hockey players like him deserve to be on losers forever.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Rofl...Stan Bowman talking about playing Versteeg at center or putting him on the PK. Good ****ing luck

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I think Tallon did good. A 6'6 forward who can play on the 4th or maybe on the 3rd line and is young, he will have a chance to show what he's got and get the ice time here to prove himself.. No way he could do that with a stacked Chicago team. In addition we get a former 1st round pick defenseman that Tallon drafted and knows well and he too can show what he's got. I'm sure cant be as bad as what we have now.

I am sure both these guys are ecstatic to come here and probably will get to play right away in the NHL and they'll give 110% effort which has been missing from some players, especially Versteeg. It's interesting how Tallon talked about players who really want to play here when Dineen was fired and Versteeg was the 1st to go in trade. It's obvious Versteeg didn't want to play here and it sucks bums like him get coaches fired. Unfortunately he will probably will win a Stanley Cup with the Hawks and that makes me sick. Hockey players like him deserve to be on losers forever.

You said that perfectly, I think that describes everything that has transpired. Hopefully maybe their ceiling can be a little higher than we think.. who knows?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Unfortunately he will probably will win a Stanley Cup with the Hawks and that makes me sick. Hockey players like him deserve to be on losers forever.

Or he'll continue to be the bum we're accustomed to see and he'll get run out of Chicago as well.

At least, that's what I hope.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida

Agreed 100%. Tallon had to do this trade.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
Atleast the hawks fans are happy with the trade (go check their thread)

Versteeg was a fan favorite for the Hawks in 2010 and I think the general consensus is that Hayes and Olsen don't skate quite well enough to really have a great shot at making the Hawks roster full time.

Little disappointed to her Versteeg has been a bust in Florida. Hopefully he puts it together again for the Hawks (I'm a Hawks fan, so I'm hoping he does well!).

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Or he'll continue to be the bum we're accustomed to see and he'll get run out of Chicago as well.

At least, that's what I hope.

As much as I want that too happen I don't see him getting away with his lazy **** under Quennville. Chances are he'll actually play and be decent and everyone will think were stupid, even though he was a completely useless ********* here.

I just hope none of our young guys see what he did and decide to pull that **** down the line because apparently being terrible just gets you moved to a Cup contender. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad