Versteeg placed on IR, Shore recalled.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I would guess it's only for a week or so. Smart thing to do really, don't let him be a wasted roster spot and/or rush him back if he's not 100%. Will Shore join the team tomorrow?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This news about Versteeg stinks. He will certainly be missed this week with a hectic and tough schedule. I'm eager to see how much Shore plays and what impact he bring at this point. I'd assume tomorrow would be the first possibility of playing in Montreal.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Groin pulls early in the season like this are often a sign of being out of shape. Whether that's the case remains to be seen, and hopefully it's not, but I don't see steeger as a Gary Roberts type living in the gym during the offseason/lockout. Hopefully he's back soon and contributes.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Groin pulls early in the season like this are often a sign of being out of shape. Whether that's the case remains to be seen, and hopefully it's not, but I don't see steeger as a Gary Roberts type living in the gym during the offseason/lockout. Hopefully he's back soon and contributes.

To be fair, he had hip surgery so he was out of commission.

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
GR quoted Tallon saying that the injury isn't long term. Just calling up Shore as a precaution. Steeger could go as early as Saturday.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if he plays today in montreal i could see:

Fleischmann-Weiss-Mueller
Huberdeau-Matthias-Kovalev
Kopecky-Shore-Upshall

or if they move mueller up, they could slot shore into the 2nd line and keep the 3rd together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad