Vermilion County Bobcats' Struggles

How long do the Vermilion County Bobcats last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If it makes you feel any better, without knowing anything about Vermilion County or much about the SPHL, I first thought they were talking about Vermilion Parish in Louisiana.
YUP, Rare when you see a County being involved in a franchise name, it's more on the business side

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
The home forfeit by the Bobcats made the Countdown with Keith Olbermann podcast. Look for the February 9, 2023 edition. He's also got some things to say about the NHL's problems with teams and Pride Night(THAT, however, is another subject for another thread). The Bobcats bit starts around 19 minutes in.

Last edited:

Arena Chaser

Nov 5, 2022
I saw online that they officially folded today. I was at a game in October and all the signs were there. I clicked on your poll and chose that they would fold during the season.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I saw online that they officially folded today. I was at a game in October and all the signs were there. I clicked on your poll and chose that they would fold during the season.
Congratulations - you & 4 other members have won! Please contact the OP to claim your prize. :nod:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I haven't finished this yet but what I have (and what's been told to me by those who have), it was pretty much as bad as it could get.

Thanks very much for the podcast post. I watched the whole thing on Thursday night, and my takeaway from the detailed recount of the VC saga by former Bobcat Dante Juris was pretty simple: "Why am I not in the least bit surprised?" Minor pro hockey jades the players AND the fans, and yet we all still come back for more. Train wreck meets dumpster fire, but we expect the outcome to be unicorns & rainbows. :facepalm:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Thanks very much for the podcast post. I watched the whole thing on Thursday night, and my takeaway from the detailed recount of the VC saga by former Bobcat Dante Juris was pretty simple: "Why am I not in the least bit surprised?" Minor pro hockey jades the players AND the fans, and yet we all still come back for more. Train wreck meets dumpster fire, but we expect the outcome to be unicorns & rainbows. :facepalm:
And when someone calls out the train wrecks and dumpster fires, we tell them they're wrong and tell them they should just shut up and watch the games, as if the games matter on an individual level.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
And claims the Dashers had played in the ECHL :rolleyes:
C-N is the Midwest media giant that captioned the article's accompanying photo with: "Vermilion County Bobcats player Dante Suffredini moves the puck down the ice during the second half of the team's first home game on Nov. 5, 2021 ... ." I'm just happy to be able to report they spelled "HOCKEY" correctly in the headline.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
With an assist from OurSportsCentral.com, it appears that the SPHL has managed to shuffle the first weekend of the League's VCB-less schedule. One weekend down, 10 more (if I counted right?) to worry over ...

The Birmingham Bulls will replace Vermilion County as the opponent for the Huntsville Havoc's home game on Friday, February 10.

The Knoxville Ice Bears will replace Vermilion County as the opponent for Birmingham's home game on Saturday, February 11.

Finally, after playing there Friday, the Macon Mayhem will remain in Fayetteville for the game on Saturday against the Marksmen.

Reactions: Roadhog

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
"It also claimed that arena management failed to train staff members to operate a ice resurfacing machine which was purchased last year."

Must be why Ayres was hired to coach.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
"It also claimed that arena management failed to train staff members to operate a ice resurfacing machine which was purchased last year."

Must be why Ayres was hired to coach.
But then he was fired because he refused to buy the fuel? :dunno:

Reactions: Roadhog

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
"I have every intention of winning. We intend to make the playoffs. We don’t expect to be at .500. We expect to win. We have already joked with Quad City and Peoria that to get out of the state, you have to go down I-74 and you have to go through us first. We will be prowling that highway, just looking for you.

Other than that, I want to create a fun atmosphere that makes people want to keep coming back. I expect my team to be active in the community and set good examples, be proud to put that jersey on and proud to have it out in the community. I want to ensure my coaches get developed and move on, as well as my players getting developed and move on. If that’s not happening after 2 or 3 years, then we are not doing our job. I expect to develop players that move up. I have very high expectations for the team both on and off the ice. Ultimately, we want to have fun and win."

Well, this didn't age well. Link to interview here.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Has anyone mentioned her little resemblance to Hannah Waddingham’s Rebecca Welton? Almost too appropriate.
Rebecca, played by Hannah Waddingham, is far richer, better looking, and lives in London.

Also, Rebecca Welton failed upwards in trying to hamstring her ex-husband's team to crush him emotionally. Ellen failed downwards and crushed herself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad