Waived: Vermette put on waivers for buy-out (Now Official)

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm not sure that the criticism is necessary, he seemed very mature with his answer. He stated his goal and desire, but admitted that ultimately it's not his decision and he will do what's asked of him to take the next step. I think it speaks volumes to his character. I wish the best for him and hope he's done enough for his dream to come true this fall.

This was meant for comments regarding Strome, not sure why it got moved over here lol.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So that means both Strome and Dvorak are penciled in, unless a big trade is pending.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A year ago most of us would have expected a re-sign of Tanguay to pair w Vermette. This administration has surprised me. I'm intrigued in a good way.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The teams only shot at winning this season and beyond is with Smith.

What on earth in Mike Smith's NHL career would lead you to say something this stupendously hyperbolic and incorrect?

Anyway, we can't buy out Smitty because we need his full cap hit to stay above the floor.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Whoa -- GMDT and Doan both had a fit when we traded Vermy and Yandle. Completely unexpected.

This means there is a plan, right? I mean, that's sort of encouraging. You don't just buy him out without a plan, hopefully. Surprised it wasn't Z.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
The more I think the less I think there will be a trade.

Here's probably the options for this year

Hanzal
Strome
Dvorak
Richardson

Or

Hanzal
Strome
Richardson
Gaudet/Dauphin/MacInnis

Ad

Upcoming events