Vegas' worst pick and best pick?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Worst: engelland, while michael stone was available. I dont understand why they picked a horrible player without a deal instead of flipping stone a quality defenseman.

Both of these players were UFAs. They would have had to convince Stone to sign with them. Most likely if they picked Stone, they would lose him July 1, whereas Engelland lives in Vegas and his wife is from there. So, Engelland was eager to sign with Las Vegas.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
There was not much of any substance available from the Canucks and Sbisa is an okay 3rd pairing d-man. Vegas did as well as can be expected with that pick.

Anyway, trade influenced and no win situations excepted...

Best: James Neal or Marc Methot
Worst: Pierre-Eduoard Bellemare

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I don't think people can call Nosek the worst pick when 90% of them know nothing about him.
He's young, cheap, and had a great Calder cup performance. Vegas didn't want mrazek, apparently no teams do.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Both of these players were UFAs. They would have had to convince Stone to sign with them. Most likely if they picked Stone, they would lose him July 1, whereas Engelland lives in Vegas and his wife is from there. So, Engelland was eager to sign with Las Vegas.

That's why I don't understand the Engelland pick. If he was really eager to sign with Las Vegas, why not wait until July 1st and sign him for free? That way they could take some non-UFA from Calgary. It's like throwing a pick away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad