GDT: Vegas @ Winnipeg 7pm TSN3/Power 97.5/CJOB Gary's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My wife and I will be there tonight, hopefully they put forth a 60 minute effort.

Then he should have put Cole into the top 6 and dropped Iafallo :p

But anyhow Bones will Bones, the prof will be in the playoffs if he's made the right calls on his players.
I don't disagree that Perfetti should be given another look in the top 6, but I'm not sure LV is the best spot for it. Maybe Saturday against the Sens?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
DISCLAIMER: I was never a fan of Dio Sabbath, Black Sabbath without Ozzy is blasphemy. But this song was pretty good and describes those gaudy dolts from Vegas well:

As this boards resident metalhead it might surprise some that I was never really into Black Sabbath until Ronnie James came aboard, that album was a instant classic. Dio was one of the great front men of the genre and taken way to early.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Down the stretch I'm not sure we see much of Perfetti going forward especially since he is wasted on the four line and the probability of Vilardi coming back

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't disagree that Perfetti should be given another look in the top 6, but I'm not sure LV is the best spot for it. Maybe Saturday against the Sens?

Just listened to the presser. Clearly Cole isn't happy with this according to Bones.

I don't want to beat this too much but I don't get why young players need to learn this lesson. Many talented ones don't need to learn it. Just seems real old school thinking that to be a good pro you need to sit.

Also like how he talked about not being able to keep everyone happy. Seems like hes taken the easy way out all year and kept the youngest thre moat unhappy with his ice time decisions.

I'd have more respect if he'd have the balls to do this to vets that are underperforming.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Down the stretch I'm not sure we see much of Perfetti going forward especially since he is wasted on the four line and the probability of Vilardi coming back
When Vilardi comes back Iafallo goes to the 4th line, it will be interesting how Bowness sets that 4th line up, probably Names and Barron .

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Feels like we are heading into an important game where bones will lean on his top four and stan/Schmidt get 13 mins...

The problem is that one of our top four has forgotten how to hockey
Small sample of Stanley-Samberg together this season, but it hasn't been very encouraging (78:01 TOI, 1-2 -1, 2.03 xGF/60, 2.79 xGA/60).

And the Jets have mostly been running an offensive defenseman with a more defensive partner (Morrissey-DeMelo, Pionk-Dillon, Schmidt-Samberg)...who's the offensive defenseman in this pairing?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As this boards resident metalhead it might surprise some that I was never really into Black Sabbath until Ronnie James came aboard, that album was a instant classic. Dio was one of the great front men of the genre and taken way to early.
Dio was good i agree but i just love Ozzy's voice and he's hilarious . :laugh:

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Just listened to the presser. Clearly Cole isn't happy with this according to Bones.

I don't want to beat this too much but I don't get why young players need to learn this lesson. Many talented ones don't need to learn it. Just seems real old school thinking that to be a good pro you need to sit.

Also like how he talked about not being able to keep everyone happy. Seems like hes taken the easy way out all year and kept the youngest thre moat unhappy with his ice time decisions.

I'd have more respect if he'd have the balls to do this to vets that are underperforming.
Newsflash: You beat this too much in, um, November....

Ill be at the game tonight in one of the boxes. If you see me say hello
The WokBox is not an executive suite... just warning you

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ozzy's new tune with Billy Idol's guitarist and that girl is Michael Jackson's daughter.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Small sample of Stanley-Samberg together this season, but it hasn't been very encouraging (78:01 TOI, 1-2 -1, 2.03 xGF/60, 2.79 xGA/60).

And the Jets have mostly been running an offensive defenseman with a more defensive partner (Morrissey-DeMelo, Pionk-Dillon, Schmidt-Samberg)...who's the offensive defenseman in this pairing?
Who is the offensive defence man on our second pairing? Pionk with tons of minutes and PP time at 27 points or Dillon with twice as many even strength goals as Pionk... and 19 points.

Samberg has almost the same amount of assists as Pionk with half the TOI... I bet you one dollar that if Samberg was our heavy shot from the point on a power play - he'd have 20-30 points this season.

But hey, Pionk is an offensive Dman... and we didn't lose the Trouba trade.

Ozzy's new tune with Billy Idol's guitarist and that girl is Michael Jackson's daughter.

I remember Ozzy's concert in Winnipeg... like in 90 or 92? When Sebastian Bach was mirroring his voice backstage to cover for his failed vocals...

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Who is the offensive defence man on our second pairing? Pionk with tons of minutes and PP time at 27 points or Dillon with twice as many even strength goals as Pionk... and 19 points.

Samberg has almost the same amount of assists as Pionk with half the TOI... I bet you one dollar that if Samberg was our heavy shot from the point on a power play - he'd have 20-30 points this season.

But hey, Pionk is an offensive Dman... and we didn't lose the Trouba trade.

I remember Ozzy's concert in Winnipeg... like in 90 or 92? When Sebastian Bach was mirroring his voice backstage to cover for his failed vocals...
Well Pionk's certainly not the defensive defenseman! So it's by process of elimination... :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh yes, in no way is that a knock against Ronnie, fantastic singer. I just prefer pure, original Sabbath.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Well if the Jets were not in the playoffs Perfetti would being playing top 6 minutes and I'm pretty sure a few players from the Moose would be playing too. Seriously Perfetti is just not there right now and I don't blame Bones not playing him vs Vegas ... they are big and physical Perfetti would get pushed around out there and be in ineffective. If Perfetti was ready for big time mins he would be playing ... remember he was playing top 6 and getting 17+ mins at the beginning but its a long season and he could not keep up.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Yup the Dude is going tonight too, just look for the guy with a Jets jersey over his bathrobe. :laugh:

Maybe I will see you there Dude!
I’ll be there with my cool Jets themed “50s greaser” shirt. Always get loads of comments on it!
Anyways at intermission I’m always the terrace bar on the North end level 2. PM if you wish.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
And the window is narrowing - if Vilardi is back soon (and it appears that way) there will be little room in the top 6 for Cole.
I suppose he could be top 6 depth and step in if there are injuries - but if he wants to play now (and I'm sure he does), the 4th is where he'll need to sneak in - and that might be more of a challenge. Coaches are going to be more focused on a 4th that is fast and can grind.
Looks like next season to me -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad