Vegas over/under line on Claude Giroux

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Vegas over/under line on Claude Giroux this season: 52.5 points. That seems kind of low. What do you all think? I say over. I think he'll get 55-60. I dont think the loss of Jagr will hurt him all that much nor do I think it matters who wins the right wing job beside him (between Schenn and Voracek). If Voracek gets it, I could see Giroux's assist totals come down but he'd make up for it with more goals. Vice versa for Schenn.

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
That is a pretty comparable pace (1.1 pt/gm) to what he had last year (1.2 pt/gm) in a career year. So, essentially, he needs to A) stay healthy and B) semi-repeat a career year. I mean, it is certainly do-able, but I don't think its a slam dunk bet, either (mostly because of reason A).

You'd probably be better finding an Over/under for a Simmonds, Read or Hartnell (take the under, most likely) or Schenn, Briere, Cooter or Voracek (take the over, most likely), imo.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I have it below, no jagr. Emergence of secondary scorers. Short training camp, lack of cohesion with teammates, and maybe the worst group of offensive minded defense-man in the league.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I'd say over. I think adding Couts, Schenn, and Voracek as weapons for Giroux on the PP or top line is going to only help his point production. Plus, I think Giroux is really eager to come out of the gate swinging and will be great in the shortened season because he'll be determined to push right through into the playoffs. He plays better under pressure and a shortened season, plus (possibly) adding the captaincy will only push him harder

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
First rule of betting, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Vegas is probably banking on an injury which considering last year and his brief stint in Germany isn't crazy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think over. Team defenses and systems will be sloppy and players like Giroux can pounce all over that. I'm expecting a higher scoring year.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Pretty well set number. I mean if he gets injured for even a week that's 4 games gone. I'd choose under but not by much.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not disagreeing per say but this isn't how it worked in the NBA last year. Games went under at a significant clip all year.

The same thing occurred in the shortened '95 NHL season. I'm running on the assumption that the stricter interference rules will put defenders at more of a disadvantage this time around than last time. I could easily be wrong, I'm just guessing.

I don't know nearly enough about the NBA to compare the two sports adequately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad