Vegas Home Advantage

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
I was just perusing the league standings and the home record of the Golden Knights stood out to me, they are an impressive 9-2 at home! We all know they were blessed with favorable expansion draft rules, but considering their goalie injuries that's still quite good. It's almost too good... Is this new club in Las Vegas going to be an unbeatable juggernaut on home ice because the visiting team gets distracted by hookers, dice, or in the case of Montreal, Ciruqu du Soleil? With the limited sample size we have it would seem that way, especially when you compare it to their less impressive road record of 6-7-1. I'm worried, that seemed like such a trivial concern when James Neal was but a twinkle in George McPhee's eye, but now when my team could conceivably play a seven game series against them as a lower seed it's not so trivial a thing.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that's a pretty solid barn to play in.. those fans impress me for a first-year team. i think they've fed off it on several occasions this year

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If you had doubts about "home ice", you shouldn't anymore. I think the fans make a huge difference in their success and they are playing without any pressure. If they make the playoffs, FANTASTIC. If not, then it's okay because they are supposed to be rebuilding anyways :laugh:.

I keep thinking they are going to start losing a lot more, but they keep proving me wrong!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
If you had doubts about "home ice", you shouldn't anymore. I think the fans make a huge difference in their success and they are playing without any pressure. If they make the playoffs, FANTASTIC. If not, then it's okay because they are supposed to be rebuilding anyways :laugh:.

I keep thinking they are going to start losing a lot more, but they keep proving me wrong!

No wonder Florida sucks so bad. :(

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I was just perusing the league standings and the home record of the Golden Knights stood out to me, they are an impressive 9-2 at home! We all know they were blessed with favorable expansion draft rules, but considering their goalie injuries that's still quite good. It's almost too good... Is this new club in Las Vegas going to be an unbeatable juggernaut on home ice because the visiting team gets distracted by hookers, dice, or in the case of Montreal, Cirque du Soleil? With the limited sample size we have it would seem that way, especially when you compare it to their less impressive road record of 6-7-1. I'm worried, that seemed like such a trivial concern when James Neal was but a twinkle in George McPhee's eye, but now when my team could conceivably play a seven game series against them as a lower seed it's not so trivial a thing.
I legit spit beer all over my computer, thanks.

ETA:

On second thought, I take offence to this. You should know better that the real distraction for Habs players in Vegas is Celine Dion.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I would think most road teams would travel well there.
These guys are Pro athletes, distractions are everywhere if they are looking.
That team is playing really well and better than expected, it's literally a fresh start for every player and they might be enjoying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad