Post-Game Talk: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals, 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Ridiculous how ppl forget that.
I think NB is pacing himself.
Nothing to play for right now.
I don't think Backstrom is the type of player paces himself. Being a big Backstrom fan it's hard to say that he hasn't played close to what he is capable of. But that fact is he is struggling this year. Not just with the puck. He has struggled in the defensive zone at times. He has also been very inconsistent on faceoffs this year too.
Some here think his struggles are because he has lost some speed. I don't buy that because his game has always been to slow the play down. I think teams are defending him differently than in the past. In the past players used to back off because they knew he was probably going to pass it. He would burn them anyway. Now it seems teams check him more aggressively not allowing him time to find the open man.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I get this modern hockey narrative that everyone should play hockey and let that kind of BS slide especially if you're the better player but I'm against it. You got bullied - you have to fight back especially if you're Tom WIlson. Period.

Good grief. He got hit, with a clean hit no less. I sure hope Reaves doesn't have the same impact on Caps' players as he has on this fanbase.

Yeah, let's risk losing Wilson to an injury in a fight with Ryan f************g Reaves because the latter had the audacity to throw a hit on the former.

Reactions: tenken00 and twabby

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Good grief. He got hit, with a clean hit no less. I sure hope Reaves doesn't have the same impact on Caps' players as he has on this fanbase.

Yeah, let's risk losing Wilson to an injury in a fight with Ryan f************g Reaves because the latter had the audacity to throw a hit on the former.
He didn't just hit him but taunted him afterwards. Makes things a little bit different, doesn't it?
Reaves would beat Wilson in a fight, so NTY.
Most probably true. Still have to punch him in the face.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
He didn't just hit him but taunted him afterwards. Makes things a little bit different, doesn't it?

Most probably true. Still have to punch him in the face.

You get Reaves back by doing what Wilson did and does.

By scoring and winning games.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Not been watching but God damn, Vrana with more points on the board - love it.

Were they pretty/well earned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad