Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It is impressive but didn't Schuldt finish top three or something Hobey Baker and he can't even crack the team?

I think sign him this season and give him a few games to see more if what we've got.

Schuldt was great last year, but he was a Hobey Baker finalist in his 4th college year as a 23 year old.

What I like about Dugan is he's the most dominant player on the ice usually, can play a finesse/power forward game, shoots the puck well and has the frame and edge that should translate well to pro hockey. Plus he's following up a very strong rookie season last year.

I don't think he shot the puck nearly as much as he should have (86 shots, 11.6% shooting percentage) so there's still room for improvement.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Disregard that last bit - he'll be subject to a 2 year ELC once he turns 22 on March 24th.

So: a)sign him before his birthday: get 2 full ELC years
b)sign him this season after his birthday: get only 1 full ELC year
c)sign him after the season: get 2 full ELC years.

Edit: although looking at a player in a similar situation, Ryan Donato, he only had 1 full ELC year left after he signed.
Age is determined by the September 15th during the current season so Dugan would be a 21 year old this whole season. He could sign a 3 year ELC and burn a year by signing after he is done with his college season, or he can wait until next year and sign a 2 year ELC.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Schuldt was great last year, but he was a Hobey Baker finalist in his 4th college year as a 23 year old.

What I like about Dugan is he's the most dominant player on the ice usually, can play a finesse/power forward game, shoots the puck well and has the frame and edge that should translate well to pro hockey. Plus he's following up a very strong rookie season last year.

I don't think he shot the puck nearly as much as he should have (86 shots, 11.6% shooting percentage) so there's still room for improvement.

So is he similar in style to Tuch and Roy? If we have three promising players who play similarly...doesn't it seem there would be a trade of one of them at some point before long?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Guys aged 20+ can sign multi-year ELS. But sometimes, you sign the guy to a one year ELS for competitive reasons (to get him out of the $925k max limit, etc.).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So is he similar in style to Tuch and Roy? If we have three promising players who play similarly...doesn't it seem there would be a trade of one of them at some point before long?

He's a bit more James Neal than Tuch, so hopefully he develops a strong 2-way game to fit in with Patches/Stone/Smith/Tuch.

I'd settle for a prime Jamie Benn too.:naughty:

It wouldn't hurt to try him at C with the Wolves...

Last edited:

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Guys aged 20+ can sign multi-year ELS. But sometimes, you sign the guy to a one year ELS for competitive reasons (to get him out of the $925k max limit, etc.).
It's all based on age. 18-21 year olds can only sign 3 year ELC. 22 and 23 year olds 2 years (Shuldt, Whitecloud), and 24+ sign 1 year (Gusev).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Krebs has 7 points in his last 3 games after missing 2 weeks to injury. He's now 4th in WHL Points Per Game with 1.57PPG.

Jiri Patera is 4th in WHL save % with .921

Korczak has 8 points his last 6 games.

If he develops a defensive game, according to your previous statement correct?

Yeah but right now he's more of a boom/bust type.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Jack Dugan up for Hockey East player of the year.

Goes without saying but I think all the prospects' seasons are done today.

CHL and AHL may resume but college hockey is basically done.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Jack Dugan up for Hockey East player of the year.

Goes without saying but I think all the prospects' seasons are done today.

CHL and AHL may resume but college hockey is basically done.

NCAA college hockey is done, they've announced cancellation of all sports.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Forgot KHL is still going. So Morozov at least may play.
There's very few infected in Russia right now so that's why, BUT Ska is playing Jokerit, a team based in Finland, so either they play all games on Russian soil, or postpone some rounds(which they'll have to do anyway soon as Russia is in for a Corona boom like all other countries have experienced).

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
There's very few infected in Russia right now so that's why, BUT Ska is playing Jokerit, a team based in Finland, so either they play all games on Russian soil, or postpone some rounds(which they'll have to do anyway soon as Russia is in for a Corona boom like all other countries have experienced).
They will play against Jokerit in Finland but without audience. Yesterday Finnish government told that you can organize events if there are under 500 people and Jokerit decided to play without audience the rest of the season. So they can continue playing in Helsinki because there are under 500 people in the building when you count together teams, arena staff, media etc. but you can't take any public audience because then the limit would be crossed.

But yeah, no more chances for me to see Morozov (or Dzierkals which I was supposed to see Saturday) live on this season anymore unfortunately but the decision was right from the government. Finnish League will still think about if it will play playoffs without audience. Regular season ends tomorrow without audience.

EDIT: Finnish League season is done. No playoffs and no champion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad