Vegas Golden Knights Biggest Expansion Draft Boom and Bust

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
As the 2020 NHL Entry Draft approaches, we decided to examine each team’s best and worst pick since the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. We will examine each player, why they were picked where they were, and what their NHL career was like. Today, we’ll focus on the Vegas Golden Knights expansion draft Boom and draft bust. You can’t judge the Knights’ entry drafts up to this point, as it is way too early to tell.

Here is the article
Vegas Golden Knights Biggest Expansion Draft Boom and Bust

Here is an honourable mention.

William Karlsson: Karlsson was one of the most underrated pickups from the Vegas Golden Knights draft. He immediately stepped in and scored 43 goals, 33 more than his previous high. His shooting percentage was unsustainable for that season, however, he still seems to be good for around 20 goals each year anyways. Coming way out of the blue for Vegas, Karlsson was one of the smartest pickups of the draft.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Ummm, Shea cough cough Theodore cough cough. Love some Nate Schmidt of course, but Shea is four years younger and projects to even better numbers than Nate down the road.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ummm, Shea cough cough Theodore cough cough. Love some Nate Schmidt of course, but Shea is four years younger and projects to even better numbers than Nate down the road.

I assume it's not including the players that were traded for, like Theodore, Tuch and Smith.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I assume it's not including the players that were traded for, like Theodore, Tuch and Smith.

That's true, I was thinking we picked Shea, but now I recall we picked Stoner and got Shea as compensation for taking him. Still unbelievable to me the assets GMGM picked up for taking guys who ended up as key parts of a Finals team. Wonder how much GMs have learned from this for the Seattle draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad