Vegas' first ever Captian

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
As an outsider, wouldn't it make more sense to hand out the C later once the core of your team has been at least somewhat stabilized? Maybe give the A's to the veterans that seem like fixtures on your team (ie. not the most obvious tradebait) and see how it goes? Players like Bellemare, Engelland and Haula. The first two don't have a lot of TDL value but serve a veteran leadership purpose for your team (if they get to play) while trading Haula would seem so weird after choosing him over so many other options from Minny..

I became a fan of VGK after this trade. Most would have chosen Dumba or Scandella etc., only someone with a vision would pick Haula with such a big contract.

Haula doesn't seem like leadership material on the outside, but his versatility and love for the game might lead to an "A".

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I became a fan of VGK after this trade. Most would have chosen Dumba or Scandella etc., only someone with a vision would pick Haula with such a big contract.

Haula doesn't seem like leadership material on the outside, but his versatility and love for the game might lead to an "A".

I keep wanting to pronounce his name Walla after driving on Hualapai Way every day for a decade. :laugh:

He's definitely a favorite of mine so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad