Vegas' cap circumventing backfiring?

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
They were first in the division before Eichel came back, and now they are tied for 3rd.

They are 2-5 since they placed Stone on LTIR (2-6 since he last played a game), and if the Ducks win tonight, they will be a point behind Vegas.

I wonder if they are rethinking having Stone on LTIR for the remainder of the season.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I think them going the old Rangers sryle of paying premium prices for every UFA and star player will bite them in the ass. It already took away large parts of their depth that brought so much success in the first 2 years. Last season, the team already lacked depth. It's worse now.

I expect this team to be in the playoffs, but achieve nothing for the foreseeable future.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Vegas making the playoff spot I sure not at all a certainty. Their goaltending hasn’t been great recently, has it? That might be their biggest need.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Too many injuries (Pach, Stone, Martinez) and no continuity. Stone has been hurt all year and has never played near 100% in his limited appearances and his being out has nothing to do with Eichel. Vegas' injury disadvantage was masked earlier in the season by other teams' COVID problems.

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
With their current play, I can definitely see Edmonton keep hold of 3rd and Dallas/Nashville getting in the wild card. Anaheim probably isn't much of a threat in the long run.

Still not a team I want to face in May, but I do feel like a lot of the mojo is gone.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They reallllly need to solve their goaltending issue or nothing else will matter. It's really hard to win a playoff series with a .907 regardless of anything else.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I still say this is a team that definitely makes a playoff - and is a top 2 contender in the west once there. You want to see them right the ship soon obviously - but I'm not really worried for them yet

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'd be interested to hear from Vegas fans what the actual issue is there.
I'd say coaching. injuries haven't helped, but after our play the last two post seasons, and our power plays complete ineptitude the last couple of years, and the very least Steve Spott should have been given the pink slip. DeBoers strategies make no sense for personal, and we more and more are completely unprepared for games. For a team that will get rid of players to try and get the cup, the fact that doesn't apply to coaching is idiotic.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mark Stone is one of the best two way forwards in the league not really surprised. Also, isn’t Patches out as well for them?

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Injuries combined with coaching. I don’t think the team has had a healthy roster all year. Defense has been mediocre at best and the top players have been very inconsistent to boot. You have guys like Smith that will produce for a few games, then disappear. Team chemistry isn’t there like it has been in years prior.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
How has Eichel played
OK, considering that he is coming back from being off a year and he's having to fit into a system which is apparently very different than what the Sabres had. The other Knights are still trying to come to grips with his unbelievably good passes which routinely take them by surprise, but on the other hand his defense is nothing like what is expected in DeBoer's system. Player/coach interviews have said something like they don't expect him to really fit in until somewhere around 10 games.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
This is probably a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. VGK fans would be hounding the organization for not signing Eichel if they had the chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad