GDT: Vegas at Buffalo, 3/2/24, 7:00 p.m. EST

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If the Sabres trade Casey for anything less than a legitimate dman it will be viewed in a similar light as the Reinhart trade.
You can get a legitimate Dman without trading Casey Mittelstadt.

It involves:

1. Parting ways with some of Kevyn’s precious futures
2. Kevyn being able to identify what a legitimate Dman is

We shouldnt be robbing Peter to pay Paul. We should be adding Paul and Mary because Peter is f***ing tired of doing it alone.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
They don't have to.

Them talking about gathering picks and the team is ranked at the top of prospect sites and THN's future watch, but okay... more youth when the problems of this team are because they are young. NHL national commentary has the depth of a wet fast food wrapper.
You’re dead on, but hearing his name in rumors over and over starts to get to a man.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“I see they have 31 million in cap space and I think they’ll be trying to be a third party to buy draft picks”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH GOD…CALL AN AMBULANCE…I CANT….

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
You can get a legitimate Dman without trading Casey Mittelstadt.

It involves:

1. Parting ways with some of Kevyn’s precious futures
2. Kevyn being able to identify what a legitimate Dman is

We shouldnt be robbing Peter to pay Paul. We should be adding Paul and Mary because Peter is f***ing tired of doing it alone.
To be clear, I don’t want them to trade Casey at all. He’s a D A W G

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That whole conversation was something.

“I guess they’ll be active and trade veterans for picks and prospects to continue this rebuild”

“What about their 25 year old center?”

“…. Yeah him too I guess”

Yeah listening to outsiders speculate about the Sabres always kind of feels like listening to a high school dropout talk about astrophysics— it’s clear they don’t know what the f*** they’re talking about.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
This run the team is on right now feels much different. It's like the younger guys have started to figure out how to play in this league. Instead of trying to run and gun, they are much better defensively. Goaltending helps a lot with that.

The one thing that bugs me is how they show teams like Pittsburgh in the hunt yet Buffalo who is only 2 points back is eliminated.

Reactions: Kulich Man

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
You’re dead on, but hearing his name in rumors over and over starts to get to a man.

The media automatically talks about guys that are pending RFAs, arbitration eligible, and that are having good seasons (Mitts, Necas, previously Petterson)

It's like the not-so-secret formula to creating an NHL rumors site...

Reactions: vcv

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Yeah listening to outsiders speculate about the Sabres always kind of feels like listening to a high school dropout talk about astrophysics— it’s clear they don’t know what the f*** they’re talking about.
okay I'll bite....how many high school drop outs have you discussed astrophysics with before? Not being snarky at all i feel like there's a great story there lol

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
okay I'll bite....how many high school drop outs have you discussed astrophysics with before? Not being snarky at all i feel like there's a great story there lol
Ok to be fair, 0. But I assume they’d all be out of their depth there (unless they’re, like, a modern Einstein lol).

Reactions: DJN21

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
2 out of the 4 games Rob Ray hasn't been able to talk to Matty Ellis between periods bc games have been on ESPN+

Coincidence?
Ray does still call the games on WGR with Dunleavy, so he probably still talked to Matty Ellis between periods.

Reactions: Beerz

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
2 out of the 4 games Rob Ray hasn't been able to talk to Matty Ellis between periods bc games have been on ESPN+

Coincidence?

Matt Ellis has a flip phone and is still trying to type out a response to Ray's questions, isn't he?

Reactions: Beerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad