Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If he's going to be on LTIR the rest of the season then why is Vegas in the mix if they're a win-now team? Why would they trade players, prospects and picks if they have to wait until their season could be all over?
That is still doable if Vegas trades assets that still have more value in potential than in win-now quality play. Maybe Vegas could get another useful player back even. Buffalo's good record complicates things a bit.

Its doable.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Oh magic conch, will Jack Eichel be traded today?

EIsa3Cy.jpg

Oh magic conch, will Jack Eichel be traded today?

Oh magic conch, will Jack Eichel be traded at all?

Reactions: Satoru Gojo

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
That is still doable if Vegas trades assets that still have more value in potential than in win-now quality play. Maybe Vegas could get another useful player back even. Buffalo's good record complicates things a bit.

Its doable.
Maybe. Still doesn't seem to be a window for either the Knights or the Flames.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Its doable.

Buffalo’s good record isn’t gonna last. That’s why us fans were having fun with the “Buffalo is good” yearly thread that appears.

Well, if Calgary can afford his contract then that's a clear signal that they don't need taxpayer help in paying for their new shiny arena.

Literally like 95% of all new arenas are built with taxpayer help. In every sport. I don’t agree with it, but that’s just how it goes.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Buffalo’s good record isn’t gonna last. That’s why us fans were having fun with the “Buffalo is good” yearly thread that appears.

Literally like 95% of all new arenas are built with taxpayer help. In every sport. I don’t agree with it, but that’s just how it goes.
Seattle just used private money. Vancouver did too. And so should the Flames. Trading for Eichel would be a clear sign that they don't need us.

Reactions: sexydonut

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Seattle just used private money. Vancouver did too. And so should the Flames. Trading for Eichel would be a clear sign that they don't need us.

As I said, it’s usually done with taxpayer money. There are obviously going to be those that are completely done by private money, some that are a percentage of it, and some none of it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That Weeks tweet is something. Would signal to me the Flames do not think Tkachuk will either a) sign long term in Calgary, or b) will want more than they feel he is worth to do so.

Reactions: redfire11

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
As I said, it’s usually done with taxpayer money. There are obviously going to be those that are completely done by private money, some that are a percentage of it, and some none of it.
Well, this should be private and acquiring Eichel will only prove that the Flames could easily afford their own toy.

Reactions: sexydonut

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Weekes just said Sabres have an offer on the table from Calgary that includes Tkachuk, a former 1st rounder, a future 1st rounder and other assets. WHAT?? How in the world did Buffalo not jump on that if true? lol

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Weekes just said Sabres have an offer on the table from Calgary that includes Tkachuk, a former 1st rounder, a future 1st rounder and other assets. WHAT?? How in the world did Buffalo not jump on that if true? lol

It's fake news... Friedman said its not true on Tim and Friends. Weekes looks like a complete knob with that absurd tweet

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Friedman just said this rumour has (very likely) little merit. Maybe something floated by the Sabres to squeeze more from Vegas?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

I think you answered your own question....it isn't true.

Ledge And Dairy

So what else is Calgary going to offer?

I think that is the point. If they won't give up Lindholm/Tkachuk type player then why would Buffalo do the deal?

Will be interesting to see what happens, because if I'm Calgary any do I weaken my team now to get a player in a several months.

Based on the players Calgary would likely be willing to give up, I doubt he gets traded there.

If I'm Calgary, I stay away. Injury issues, experimental surgery, questions about character, high acquisition cost, and a team that is performing well.
Dube is an option, Calgary has a very good prospect pool too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad