Value of: Vatanen to CAR/VGK/WPG/FLA for a 2nd + prospect?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Sorry, as much of an upgrade Vatanen is, the defensive scheme Maurice has them playing is a train wreck. Vatanen won’t change that. They’re winning right now because of their offense and goaltending stealing games. St. Louis, Dallas and Colorado will make short work of them come playoffs when defense’s shut things down.

Chevy and Maurice have already stated that they wouldn’t be renting anybody. They’ll be looking players with term. They’ve mortgaged firsts two years in a row and the strength of this organization is draft and develop. If they’re moving a player like Samberg, it’s for a player that will be around past mid April.

Hey, I’d love Vatanen on the Jets, I really would, but I’m not mortgaging a first or a top prospect without assurance he’s re-signing with the Jets. If your assumption of Samberg is correct, I’m dealing him for some other team’s similarly unproven prospects or more additional picks for our scouting department to work with.

The good news is that Vatanen has been playing for NJ, whose system is also a train wreck. He can start turning over pucks and losing his man in the slot immediately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad