LeBrun: Vatanen only moves if teams step up their offers

member 157595

I wish I had some idea what the offers were.

As a Toronto fan I'd like to have Vatanen aboard but not for anything Ducks fans have asked for in return (which is their right, they're not in the business of helping out Toronto.)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ducks refusing to improve.

If you're aware of the Ducks turning down offers that would have improved their team please share with the group.

Improvement doesn't happen by making a trade for the sake of a trade. If Murray doesn't think moving Vatanen for anything offered at the moment would make this team better then so be it. I have a feeling you have no evidence to support your claim that Murray has passed on the chance to improve his hockey team.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If you're aware of the Ducks turning down offers that would have improved their team please share with the group.

Improvement doesn't happen by making a trade for the sake of a trade. If Murray doesn't think moving Vatanen for anything offered at the moment would make this team better then so be it. I have a feeling you have no evidence to support your claim that Murray has passed on the chance to improve his hockey team.

Would the Ducks take a trade like the Oilers did where most people thought it was bad value for Hall but ultimately makes the team better?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
One thing that I noticed LeBrun say during their video was that financial considerations weren't s factor anymore with Despres and Stoner gone, so maybe they can add a guy who makes as much or even a little more than Vats now.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yup, that's how BM roles and it's infuriating. He'll always rather stand pat instead of making a risking move, even if it could help.

Manson has always been playing top 4 minutes. Montour probably is ready though.

So on June 23rd we're already going to rip on Murray for standing pat this off season?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So on June 23rd we're already going to rip on Murray for standing pat this off season?

Did I say he wasn't going to do anything? No.

What I did say is this is what Murray always does. He stands pat unless a deals comes to him (Kesler) or a deal he already made doesn't work so he flips them (Hags for Perron). He's never been the one to make a risky move like other teams make. Sometimes that's good, but sometimes it keeps us from improving while other teams do.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like it, we don't need to move vatanen... so make teams overpay for him or hold onto him until teams will overpay for him.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Vatanen is hurt and probably wont return until Mid-December or January if Murray really believe that teams are going to give up good assets for him. Then he's not living in the reality world here.

So a team trading for Vatanen is going to give up less because he will miss 10-15 games out of the three years they control him? Come on, that's stupid.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
BAHAHA wtf is this? Are the teams offering 3rd round picks?

The offers are prob alright but I'm gussing we want an overpayment because we lost Theodore so hes probably trying to balance that out. I'm okay with it personally there are some dmen on the market let them go and let the teams that waited to long to bid for vatanen.... might end up getting us an extra pick or something.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Do you think they can't get a top6W(or potential top6) offer for Vatanen, if not I'd look for another Gm.

Anaheim needs to add a forward, they have enough on defense.
We saw where this team went this year and none of Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler are getting any younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad