Varlamov, Bobrovsky ... Next ?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
A little older (23) but Ilya Proskuryakov actually looks like someone that could play in the NHL and last I read in an interview he's interested... (but no contract offers just yet)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
A little older (23) but Ilya Proskuryakov actually looks like someone that could play in the NHL and last I read in an interview he's interested... (but no contract offers just yet)

Proskuryakov is Erik Ersberg-like at best. Very small and weak.

Alistratov is 5'7. No NHL upside.

There are some good prospects, but it's a crapshoot to tell right now who will develop in a World Class goalie. Shikin isn't very good, Bobkov is big and with potential but struggles this season.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Proskuryakov is very good, but not sure he can achieve a Bobrovsky-like season. Alistratov is a no-go.
Bobkov is the next one.

I think Bobkov will be a really good goalie too in 3-4 years time. I would mention Khudobin as well - shocked he's not getting a shot in Minnesota - he's 24 and entering prime and has decent stats in the AHL

Alistratov is a "blatnoy"...

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Ah ! Alistratov 5'7 i didn't knew this !

Igor Bobkov seems to be your favorite ...

What about Gaiduchenko ? Brashkin ? Kostenko ?

Maxim Alyapkin get draft 4th overall in the KHL draft ... Is he good ?

And Denis Perevozchikov ?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Any info on 2012 NHL eligible Vasilevsky? Played really well as an underager at U-18 last year, and currently has great stats in MHL and Salavat-94.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Khudobin, Bobkov, Pechurskiy are pretty sure shots. Proskuryakov looked good at times, but I heard he might have some disease threatening his career and got dumped by Magnitogorsk(pretty raw). Alistratov I don't see anywhere near the top. But he's still young and could develop.
On Bobkov: he has this special thing. He plays great in important games, which is maybe the most important virtue for a goaltender. His WJC record is amazing. And this year's finals were too. To come of the bench and stop everything in a final like that is another example of his ability to be at his best when needed most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad