Speculation: Vanek trade pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
3:01 Eastern. Snow will blow this and we'll get stuck with Vanek.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I say 10:40AM.

It has to be earlier so the other teams can get their deals done. Moulson/camalleri et all will not move until Vanek moves. Vanek is the catalyst for a morning landslide to an epic...probably the best trade deadline we've had in a VERY long time.

Last edited:

SashaMesic

Aug 18, 2008
That late? Everyone is waiting for Vanek to be traded so they can plan their own trades. BTW..I am in your time zone too.

That equals 2 PM EST, right? Cause I agree 3 PM is a bit too risky..

EDIT: Great place to be ;)

DaMick

at least we got D
Dec 10, 2003
Purgatory
Visit site
3:01 Eastern. Snow will blow this and we'll get stuck with Vanek.

:laugh: Love the optimism..

My guess goes as follows.

-1041am -trade falls through...Snow asks for another draft pick ...other team backs out.

-1215pm-Snow is starting to get delusional goes on TSN trade centre and declares
" We wont give Vanek up for less than hes worth."

-215pm-Snow starts calling teams trying to get something for Vanek

-257pm- Vanek traded to the Red Wings for Martin Frk,14 -3rd & 15-2nd .

-3pm- HFBoards Isles board implodes....
Best of luck Mods (from an ex-Mod)...you'll need it if hes not traded

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
If Garth is smart, he starts lowering his demands around noon...

until then, he has the best chip out there and other teams know it. However, if nobody meets his price by then, he risks teams panicking and going elsewhere. He has to complete the deal before teams panic. As long as there are 3 hours left, teams should feel pretty comfortable they won't get left out in the cold. However, as time starts growing short, teams will feel compelled to get something done even if it isn't for the best player available.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
What are the odds they screw this up?

I would not be surprised if this one gets reported after the deadline has passed. I will go with 3:05.
Deal consumated 2:57 PM, announced 3:15. Islanders fans drop dead of heat attacks in-between = 12.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
This is starting to worry me. I would have thought by noon and now, as 1:30 passes, .... i dont know, I'm just worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad