Proposal: Vanek to Flames

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Nothing you would be interested in. Regardless about what rumours are circulating, Feaster wouldn't pull the trigger on buying a player of Vanek's calibre via trade

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What would the Flame give up to get Thomas Vanek. I believe that your GM stated that they're committed to making the playoff's next season.

He restated the "playoff" idea later that night during an intermission.
It's not that they're expected to be in the playoffs, but they're expected to have a team that actually competes; not gets rolled over 50+ times in an 82 season.

I however, believe it'll still probably happen lol.:help:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Have to add, at this time; I don't think these two teams make good trade partners. Both have to go the rebuild route; plus Vanek is going to cost an arm and a leg. And the Flames only have a single arm and a single meaningful leg (An A tier talent prospect, and a first round)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
What would the Flame give up to get Thomas Vanek. I believe that your GM stated that they're committed to making the playoff's next season.

This statement has been taken out of context. I encourage you to go the Flames website, and watch the Feaster/Kerr interview (10minutes) where he explains what he meant.

The mandate is always the playoffs, because they want to encourage a winning atmosphere. They aren't going to be trading picks/prospects.

If you guys are going to trade Vanek, it will be to another team. Goodluck.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
How about Vanek, Stafford and either Luke Adam or 2nd(2014) for St. Louis 1st and Penguins 1st.

You could probably get better value trading Vanek to a contender. Stafford and Adam could get a medium/smallish return..

We aren't interested in trading our picks.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We have nothing to offer that you would want unless Sarich + mid pick is what your in the market for :laugh:

Have to sell Cory Sarich man, not going to get any bites using that technique!
He skates (kind of), he beats up European players. Sometimes he doesn't **** up. Some nights you feel okay with him on the ice.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Have to sell Cory Sarich man, not going to get any bites using that technique!
He skates (kind of), he beats up European players. Sometimes he doesn't **** up. Some nights you feel okay with him on the ice.

I heard he is a great guy to have in the press box, dude can eat popcorn like no one else :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
How about Vanek, Stafford and either Luke Adam or 2nd(2014) for St. Louis 1st and Penguins 1st.

Sabres could easily get more than that, probably a lot more if they trade those guys to teams that could actually use them. And since your owner isn't a cheapskate and is more than willing to retain salary to get a better a deal, like he did with the Pominville transaction, Buffalo could make out like bandits in any potential trade.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I heard he is a great guy to have in the press box, dude can eat popcorn like no one else :laugh:

He will sit in a presser for ONLY 2,000,000 a season!
That's a steal! Him and Babs make up a sweet 4,500,000 together. Beat that.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
He will sit in a presser for ONLY 2,000,000 a season!
That's a steal! Him and Babs make up a sweet 4,500,000 together. Beat that.

Makes me jealous of the Anton. Doesn't have to risk injuries, get's free tickets to games, and gets paid a helluva lot of money. :laugh:

:cry:

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Given what the Sabres paid for Leino, I wouldn't be stunned to see them willing to deal Vanek for Hudler, maybe with a 2nd added.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Im probably going to get absolutely grilled for this...but I would move Pitt's 1st with one of Cammy or Tanguay + Prospect.

Vanek is only 29 and would be a great leader for our young guys..if he doesn't work out we can flip him for a good return.

Imagine a Bart + Barkov + Vanek line drool*

My proposal probably isn't enough though.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He restated the "playoff" idea later that night during an intermission.
It's not that they're expected to be in the playoffs, but they're expected to have a team that actually competes; not gets rolled over 50+ times in an 82 season.

I however, believe it'll still probably happen lol.:help:

exactly it was more a mandate of not creating a atmosphere where loosing is ok

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'd rather use a package like that to move up the draft, rather than on Vanek. We're in rebuild mode, we don't need to be going after guys who are that close to 30.

Pass.

That would be a good idea as well...teams would be interested in that package, likely only contenders meaning we could move up at most 10 picks to 20 from 30...not sure id make that move.

Ice Hawk

Mar 20, 2013
Langley BC

Not a good fit in CGY imo. Vanek is only signed for next year, and at over $7 mil. He likely wouldn't want to re-sign with a team who is rebuilding. I think the Flames can make better strategic use of their cap space.

Buff. might be better off trading him at the deadline next year anyway.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Unless Vanek can transform into a #1 center, and you can rewind time by about 5 years, I'd have zero interest in Vanek.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Vanek's contract isn't the prettiest thing in the world. But if our picks, Baertschi, Gaudreau and Brodie aren't in the discussion, I'd hear you out.

Then again, I doubt he could be had for anything else on our roster... So we're not exactly ideal trading partners

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary

ANY ANSWER OTHER THAN NO IS UNACCEPTABLE... we should be building our own stable of good players, younger and cheaper than vanek (what good is a PPG player that will be on a rebuilding team when we have tangs, cammy, Stepmniak, and GlenX as our vet mentors)... the only way i would accept it is if it was in exchange for:

Begin
Jackman
Jones
Feaster
Smith
Sarich
Babchuk (please no Anton joke as for they are outdated and have been since he was in Carolina)
Cameron
Kolanos' negotiating Rights
Nemisz
Taylor

I hate him soo much....

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010

ANY ANSWER OTHER THAN NO IS UNACCEPTABLE... we should be building our own stable of good players, younger and cheaper than vanek (what good is a PPG player that will be on a rebuilding team when we have tangs, cammy, Stepmniak, and GlenX as our vet mentors)... the only way i would accept it is if it was in exchange for:

Begin
Jackman
Jones
Feaster
Smith
Sarich
Babchuk (please no Anton joke as for they are outdated and have been since he was in Carolina)
Cameron
Kolanos' negotiating Rights
Nemisz
Taylor

I hate him soo much....
You don't trade The Anton, The Anton trades you. :laugh: No they are still hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad