TBN: Vanek, Miller want to talk with Regier about future; team misused Poms (on the PP)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
:laugh: don't get me started!!

you think they viewed Boyes in that light, after a year and a month of being his teammate?

I certainly view him as such...maybe they did. But it's not like we tried OH SO HARD to keep Brad Boyes in the picture...we wanted nothing to do with him, and neither did the rest of the league, as indicated by his 1yr/1M$ contract inked with.....the Islanders...

cry me a rivs, Taylor Swiller

Not at all. I'm kidding. :laugh:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Wow. I guess there are more than a few of us whose sarcasm meters are just abysmally blown today :laugh:

As I get on direwolf for not picking up on my (what I thought was) obvious sarcasm about Pominville on the pt on the pp

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wild fan here in peace. How is Pominville best utilized on the PP?

He's been on the point here for years but considering how terrible the Sabres PP has been, it is debated here that it wasn't the best place for him. Perhaps as a half-wall shooting option might better suit his skills.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

Wow. I guess there are more than a few of us whose sarcasm meters are just abysmally blown today :laugh:

As I get on direwolf for not picking up on my (what I thought was) obvious sarcasm about Pominville on the pt on the pp

FWIW I thought JBuds comment was clear sarcasm. More than yours!

I saw how your response started and just cracked up lol.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Re sign both. I have no confidence in this organization to find a top 10 goalie or a 35 goal scorer any time soon. I have been advocating a Pominville move for years now, but Vanek is different.He is damn near irreplaceable. I have wavered on Miller in the past but I think it is going to be too hard to replace him with someone comparable. Keep both and let's finally add a legit first liner and a true #1 dman and finally give them some help.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Isn't it still, technically up to Vanek? Regardless of what's said, or even what's offered, it's ultimately Vanek's choice as to whether or not he inks any potential extension, or if he hits the market.

I guess, in the sense of dealing Vanek before contract status is up, it's in Regier's hands...if that's what you meant..
No I meant the whole thing is up to Vanek. If being captain keeps around it's up to him. If being captain doesnt matter (rebuild or no rebuild) it's still up to him.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I really like Ryan miller the player.

I really dislike Ryan Miller the locker room Diva.

See ya, Ryan.

Yes. I have been a massive Miller fan and in some ways still consider myself so. I think he is underrated and his stats this year are more reflective of the team in general than his play/talent in particular.

However, he really seems to have developed a pissy, cynical, poisonous attitude. I think it is subtle and implied rather than explicit and overt, but it sure seems to be there.

I really would like to move on from Miller.

Vanek I am happy to keep.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
So now Miller just openly critiques the coaches and management in the media? And this is somehow acceptable? Guy cannot get thrown out of this franchise soon enough.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Yes. I have been a massive Miller fan and in some ways still consider myself so. I think he is underrated and his stats this year are more reflective of the team in general than his play/talent in particular.

However, he really seems to have developed a pissy, cynical, poisonous attitude. I think it is subtle and implied rather than explicit and overt, but it sure seems to be there.

Miller reminds me of an only child that always had people willing to listen to every single one of his problems growing up.

And then I remember he has a 29 year old brother with a full head of grey hair and it all makes sense.

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD

I would prefer to remove Miller as an influence/example on the up and coming team prior to the start of next season. Be positive and get on board or get out. The rebuild train has left the station. We have work to do but don't need the negativity.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I read Miller's comments in regards to Pommer's use on the PP as praise for Pommer's selfless nature. Doing whats best for the team and not his personal stats. That we need more guys like that but instead we are trading one away.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Add Ott as a vet looking to talk with Darcy about the future

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 5m
Ott said he's "humbled and honored" to get an A on his sweater. And wants to talk to Darcy about the #Sabres' plan moving forward.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Re sign both. I have no confidence in this organization to find a top 10 goalie or a 35 goal scorer any time soon. I have been advocating a Pominville move for years now, but Vanek is different.He is damn near irreplaceable. I have wavered on Miller in the past but I think it is going to be too hard to replace him with someone comparable. Keep both and let's finally add a legit first liner and a true #1 dman and finally give them some help.
Agreed.

He speaks his mind. If they were winning, it changes everything.
So now Miller just openly critiques the coaches and management in the media? And this is somehow acceptable? Guy cannot get thrown out of this franchise soon enough.
See above reply.
I read Miller's comments in regards to Pommer's use on the PP as praise for Pommer's selfless nature. Doing whats best for the team and not his personal stats. That we need more guys like that but instead we are trading one away.
Same here. Face value.

I think Miller will want to try to win elsewhere. Vanek possibly too.
They just want to win, baby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad