Friedman: Vancouver working on a 1 year extension for Luke Schenn

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
When he was traded the majority lambasted him on the way out like he was crap just cause the trade was good for the Leafs. Even now I've seen a couple proposals to bring him back and they always get crapped on so you have your opinion, I have mine. Still wear my Schenn jersey.

I’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Schenn is exactly what you ask a 6/7 guy to be. On a rebuilder like Vancouver who is protecting a young defenceman. He moves to 7/8 if he’s on a playoff team for quality depth.
Canucks have Biega and Schenn as depth options, Biega brings offence that a lot of other depth guys can’t while Schenn is the PK big body crusher. Perfectly fine with them subbing in and out throughout another season where the Canucks will probably again be trash.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Schenn is exactly what you ask a 6/7 guy to be. On a rebuilder like Vancouver who is protecting a young defenceman. He moves to 7/8 if he’s on a playoff team for quality depth.
Canucks have Biega and Schenn as depth options, Biega brings offence that a lot of other depth guys can’t while Schenn is the PK big body crusher. Perfectly fine with them subbing in and out throughout another season where the Canucks will probably again be trash.
Yeppers, Biega and Schenn over Poop and Gudbranson any day of the week

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
He's just fine as a #6 defenseman, with the ability to move into a larger role when the need arises without looking too far out of place.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
If he is what Vancouver wanted Gudbranson to be, then 3x$4M. Maybe more as that's what Benning paid to the original man.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If Schenn keeps playing the way he has for us he’s easily a 5/6 D man, not a 7th guy. He’s been solid for us and his physical play has been refreashing and greatly needed.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Oh yeah let's have another subsidized league. Let's just subsidize any business model that isn't profitable. Sounds like a plan for success.

The whole premise that it's the NHL's obligation to subsidize a league is laughable.

Luke Schenn will NOT apologize for his pro-subsidy stance. Deal with it.

On topic: I hope a 1 year deal does get stitched up. Echoing what others have said, he's shown well in the role he's been given so far.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm glad I'm not alone in appreciating his impact. Let's be real, we won't mistake him for a top 4 guy anytime soon, but he's earned an extension here.

Just not a 4 million by 3 year extension is all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00