Vancouver to host 2019 NHL Draft

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Flashback to 2006 in Vancouver when the Flyers GM I think it was forgot who he was gonna draft.

The 2011 Draft was in St. Paul, so teams went out of their way to mention the high schools if they happened to draft any local Minnesota kids. When the Devils were on the clock in the 7th round, head scout David Conte starts to announce the pick:

"The Devils are proud to select from Benilde-St. Margaret's......."
(hastily covers up microphone)
"What's the kid's name again?" -- clearly audible throughout the arena
(uncovers mic)
"......Patrick Daly."

Probably a 'you had to be there' moment, but it got a decent chuckle from the folks who were still there for the end of the draft.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
So Vancouver last had the draft in 2006, and the Leafs in 2002. So like when does our number come up? Is there another draft lottery I don't know about.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
We have a trade.

Benning trades #1oa pick to the bruins for marchand

Jason316

Oct 3, 2017
Santa Monica California
Ha! Joke's on you suckah! Flames don't have a first rounder!

tenor.gif
Why is that kid crying?

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
We aren't your rivals. Edmonton are our rivals. Give it a rest.

Naw. No one wanted to hear you talk about your bad hockey team. There's a difference.

What's the point of coming into a thread if you have literally nothing to add? Yeesh.

Why is that kid crying?

IIRC the interviewer is asking the kid if he's excited to head back to school.

------------------------------------

Should be exciting. Hopefully we don't trade nearly all our picks this time. I'm also hoping for a little more of an impact player than Grabner (no offense to Grabner).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Should be exciting. Hopefully we don't trade nearly all our picks this time. I'm also hoping for a little more of an impact player than Grabner (no offense to Grabner).
At least Grabner went onto have a decent NHL career. In 2006 the Leafs selected Jiri Tlusty, so that's a pick I wish they could re-do.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
What I find weird is that VAN got the draft because it's their 50th season. Leafs just had their 100th season, you would think that would be a pretty big deal for the NHL, than just giving them a tacked on outdoor game.

Reactions: Lilou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad