Proposal: Vancouver-NYR

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I am wondering the same!?

Klein was a stud on the top pair in NY according to many, great advanced stats, supposedly a top D besides lacking top end skills.

Can you show your homework in terms of equating the performance of Klein to the performance of Tanev last year? I'm just curious to know if I am looking at each player's performance differently than I should be...

You have Hamonic on Long Island too. Sometimes I think fans tend to run away with Ds on their own team because they value "solid" and "mistake free" way to high. Like Tanev is very good, but he isn't a "top" D, even a good No 1. He could be a very good top 4 D on a contender.

There are a couple of things holding Tanev back from being recognized as a "top D" league-wide IMO. They are:

1) More PPPs/Power Play time. He needs to pad his stats from 18-20 points up to the 26~ point per year (Top60 Defender scoring/Top Pairing). Some power play time would help him do that. That way, the markers would change to top pairing scoring and 'elite' defense. That should be enough to have him earn consideration as a #1 (Top30) in the league.

2) Needs to stay healthy. Has not played a full year. More games should mean more points and a greater affect on the Canucks' ability to win.

3) Most frequent linemates should be the Sedins. There has been a shift in VAN's rotation where the 3rd pair plays sheltered minutes with the Sedins, and the Tanev pairing is left to support the 2nd line (Sutter's line), though it is early. If he stays with the Sedins, that gives him the best chance to produce the requisite offense at ES.

The shortfall in Tanev's game that prevents him from getting league-wide recognition as a "TopD" can be influenced for the better. I'd like to see the Canucks try to rectify these factors before any move is made with this player.

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014
Can you show your homework in terms of equating the performance of Klein to the performance of Tanev last year? .

Klein loves to block shots , can skate, makes the safe pass and does everything else Tanev does with the same low key nature that Tanev does while earning half the salay that Tanev does and is also still signed till end of next year.

So Canucks are basically trading Tanev for another guy that's the same as Tanev to go along with a 23yr old that on the cusp of becoming a 30 goal scorer and whatever else comes from NYR side.

Not a bad trade

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Start with Kreider

Start with kreider

not happening.

Yup gotta deal those old vets like Stepan. :shakehead

disingenuous of you as you know from my posting on the rangers board that I mean vet based upon not chronological age, but seniority, which is a factor in salary - impacts cap hit, etc.

He's not saying that Stetcher is 35. He's saying the Rangers should only be trading their veterans.
:handclap: someone who gets it and pays attention:yo:

Stepan is 26 and not even 2 years older than Hayes..
Stepan is not a greybeard and is available for, and a good fit, for a core swap with Tanev. Van adds.

not even close.
stepan for tanev+!??? hahah not happening.

Then no deal, no prob
Miller is not going

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
The swap of Chris's - Tanev for Kreider is the base foundation for a solid hockey deal, both teams fans bases are neither too ecstatic about it = fair value.

Tanev the corsi god - the analytics favourite, basically the anti-staal/girardi, he helps your team win, any team, even on team canada, players loved his game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wouldn't deal Kreider for Tanev. Kreider is basically Tanev at forward. He's corsi on skates.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
That's terrible....

Miller+Klein+1st+Gropp

For Tanev+Virtanen

That's an equal trade

I would love to have Miller on Canucks

Baertschi-Horvat-Miller

That would be a sick line

I would do this trade. Bit of an overpayment from the Rangers, considering Miller is a 1st line winger by any standard, plus we are hurt by trading Klein along with the first, but I'm OK with overpaying and getting Tanev when Tampa could easily offer Drouin for him. I want Tanev on this team.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't deal Kreider for Tanev. Kreider is basically Tanev at forward. He's corsi on skates.

Except Kreider can do it all. Killer offensive threat and a very good defensive player. Tanev is one-dimensional (granted he's the very best at that dimension). So I agree, Tanev does not get them Kreider. Miller is more in line with the value of Tanev, though we'd have to add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad