Proposal: Vancouver-NYR

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Tanev for Miller+Klein

Gives NYR desperately needed RH dman that's actually a good Dman and gives Vancouver a top 6 player they could for sure use and a RHD replacement.
If they make a trade like it would also indicate that Gorton is planing to buyout Girardi, which is also great. Defense could be:

McDonagh-Tanev
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Girardi

And next year:
McDonagh-Tanev
Staal-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Holden
which is freaking amazing.

If the offer is not good for Canucks fans, is there another way we could acquire Tanev? An if it isn't what about Hutton or Stecher? It's very interesting that both don't have to be protected.

Last edited:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
You're going to be asked to pay steeply for Tanev and I feel that starts with a top young forward + a 1st(price can change depending on player).

Hutton could be had for a young forward depending on whom it might be I guess, but I'm hesitant to trade him.

Stecher is not for sale though he is one of the few things along with Horvat and Tryamkin making Canucks games worth watching so back off :P

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
You're going to be asked to pay steeply for Tanev and I feel that starts with a top young forward + a 1st(price can change depending on player).

Hutton could be had for a young forward depending on whom it might be I guess, but I'm hesitant to trade him.

Stecher is not for sale though he is one of the few things along with Horvat and Tryamkin making Canucks games worth watching so back off :P

Then Miller+1st is what you'd want? Couldn't it be Miller+Klein+2nd? Just for letting us draft in the 1st round this decade :D

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Tanev for Miller+Klein

Gives NYR desperately needed RH dman that's actually a good Dman and gives Vancouver a top 6 player they could for sure use and a RHD replacement.
If they make a trade like it would also indicate that Gorton is planing to buyout Girardi, which is also great. Defense could be:

McDonagh-Tanev
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Girardi

And next year:
McDonagh-Tanev
Staal-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Holden
which is freaking amazing.

If the offer is not good for Canucks fans, is there another way we could acquire Tanev? An if it isn't what about Hutton or Stecher? It's very interesting that both don't have to be protected.

No.
Miller criminally underrated.
Stepan for Tanev +

You can have Stretcher for Hayes
really no.

Gorton agrees w/me on not trading the younger core.
Vets only.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
You guys aren't touching Tanev unless you offer us something of equal or greater value. :)

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Man how many times does it need to be said the rangers don't have a horse for the Tanev race. We have a Jannik Hansen I'm not trading my best defenceman for a centre version of him. Klein is a cap dump to me at this point. Useless to a rebuilding team. If anyone says "just flip him". This isn't EA NHL here.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Man how many times does it need to be said the rangers don't have a horse for the Tanev race. We have a Jannik Hansen I'm not trading my best defenceman for a centre version of him. Klein is a cap dump to me at this point. Useless to a rebuilding team. If anyone says "just flip him". This isn't EA NHL here.
canucks are a rebuilding team now? can you guys decide what exactly you are sometime soonish?
Tbh, it must be confusing to canucks fans as well - management makes trades and/or signings to win now, but the team is still a dud.

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium
canucks are a rebuilding team now? can you guys decide what exactly you are sometime soonish?
Tbh, it must be confusing to canucks fans as well - management makes trades and/or signings to win now, but the team is still a dud.

Management and ownership are delusional idiots

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Canucks management is trying to compete now, while also injecting youth into the lineup. It's a confusing tactic and it depends who you ask, if it is working or not.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Vancouver need to add to Tanev to get Miller and Klein, no doubt. Virtanen might not be enough, but it would be a start.

If you are rebuilding, what could Vancouver even remotely get for Tanev that is better than JT? Some might say Drouin, but is he really better than Miller? Very doubtful. Van get the by far best player in the deal, sure Tanev is a RD which is the most valuable position, but...

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Vancouver need to add to Tanev to get Miller and Klein, no doubt. Virtanen might not be enough, but it would be a start.

If you are rebuilding, what could Vancouver even remotely get for Tanev that is better than JT? Some might say Drouin, but is he really better than Miller? Very doubtful. Van get the by far best player in the deal, sure Tanev is a RD which is the most valuable position, but...

Huh I could have sworn I just hold Homer that the Simpsons need you back. But here you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad