Proposal: Vancouver moves Sbisa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If he is so good why do you guys want to move him then? You guy do not many of us read the Nuck board--but do not post there--seems 90% of the post are negative and suggest he is hurting the team

I never said we should trade him. Some or even a lot of Nucks fans hate him with wierd passion but not all of us are that blind and hateful

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
He has some limitedskills, and the Canucks were desperate for those skills when they signed him. With superior players in Gudbranson and Tryamkin having those skills plus more. He is now deadweight.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
the worst thing about sbisa is that his value is nowhere near his salary.
Like a lot of physical dmen, his possession stat isn't great but he's still a capable dman.

his mobility sets him apart from most physical dmen.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
He is a good dman in the right situation. If you have the system in place he could be a 4/5 defenceman. If pit can make schultz look good someone can make sbisa a serviceable dman.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He is a good dman in the right situation. If you have the system in place he could be a 4/5 defenceman. If pit can make schultz look good someone can make sbisa a serviceable dman.

The right situation for Sbisa is in Europe or the AHL where he's a good dman.

And that's being nice.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
When Sbisa is on his game he's a serviceable #4/5. Problem is, he's not on his game a whole lot. I'd love to keep Sbisa if he was making under 2,000,000. Somethin around Sbisa/Kane?

Evander Kane is not being moved for a 7th defensemen. Plain and simple. Regardless of his off the ice troubles, he's still more valuable than this. Rather have the headache than 3.5M of nothing.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
the worst thing about sbisa is that his value is nowhere near his salary.
Like a lot of physical dmen, his possession stat isn't great but he's still a capable dman.

his mobility sets him apart from most physical dmen.

This is true, with Sbisa my problem is his salary. He's fine as a 6th/7th d-man but should be $2 mil per or sub that.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
This list rates Adam Pardy as number 16 on the BEST list so I'm taking it with a truck of salt. However, yeah Sbisa is awful.

I had to look up if there was another Adam Pardy playing in the NHL I somehow hadn't heard of.

If Pardy is close to it, or it kinda, sorta suggests that Trouba > Lidstrom then it shouldn't see the light of day.

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Sbisa has some poor number for sure, but I still believe is a decent 3rd pairing D. Not every asset can be measured with metrics. He is a physical presence and has lots of positive comments from his coaches and teammates. Even from a fan perspective, when he was out last season you could tell the team missed his presence. I dont think he should be getting top 4 minutes, so Im not sure what Willie D is smoking on that comment, but I definitely don't believe that he's trash.

He needs a puck retrieval positive possession partner to even his game out. That aint Gudbranson. Tanev would be an ideal fit, but he'll be up on the top pair helping Edler even his game out. Canucks will regret letting Hamhuis walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad