McKenzie: Vancouver looking at Barrie

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
How is Sutter doing for you? Gudbrunson? Bearschi? Spooner?Prust? the list really does go on. He adds picks/prospects to deals like candy.

Toffoli was an average deal for rental. Standard price nothing special at all. I hope you are not saying Leivo is a top 6 player? Pearson and JT Miller are wins

He has made 38 trades while GM of the Canucks and he "won" 4. I am including the Kesler trade.
He has a 10% winning percent in trades and you wonder why I am saying Benning has a habit of overpaying? You are defending his ability to make trades over 4 trades in the last year? Which by the way were 4 out of 11 trades. If you go by just the last year of trades he is winning less than 50% of the time.
Yea he is Wily E Coyote thats for sure.
He started off rough for sure but his trades have been decent lately. And so many of those pick were low risk anyways, to nitpick trading late round picks is absurd. Baer was a good player before concussions derailed his career, Prust and Spooner were low risk and still provided what they were intended to provide. The only real case you have for a bad trade is maybe Gudbranson, and everybody knew that was a high risk longshot anyhow.

Probably 65% of his trades have worked out for Vancouver. He hasn't been dim Jim in years now.

Mar 26, 2010
He's a 50+ point right handed pmd... calling him a scrub because he hasn't fit in here is just insane
Disagree. He is a liability every time he hits the ice. He does nothing good.

What he did in the past on a way better team has no Merit on what is happening right now.

Reactions: Oleksiak

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Disagree. He is a liability every time he hits the ice. He does nothing good.

What he did in the past on a way better team has no Merit on what is happening right now.

I think its more the lack of defensive awareness and system in Toronto than it is Barrie.
Barrie will have 20+ teams making him offers this off-season.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Im convinced there isnt that much interest on Barrie maybe aside from Vegas.

Calgary and Vancouver probably got leaked and fabricated to make Vegas pay more.

Van GM just said he has no idea why Troy Stecher's name is being thrown around as he hasnt had talks with anyone regarding him.

looks like even Van isnt willing to do Stecher for Barrie.

Mar 26, 2010
Go
I think its more the lack of defensive awareness and system in Toronto than it is Barrie.
Good, and Toronto will NOT be one of those teams.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

I mean Colorado basically told us he was like this, and his defensive metrics haven't changed, so I think the player is somewhat responsible....

Good luck those making offers, especially anything over 4.5-5.

Mar 26, 2010
Who knows what Dubas will do. Maybe he tries to save face and extend him rather than having the outcome of losing Kadri for absolutely nothing.

Too little too late, the damage is already done. Toronto did lose Kadri for nothing.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Canucks insider Rick Dhaliwal is reporting that the Canucks are still interested in Barrie.

Who knows if Dhaliwal is being manipulated with these reports though or if he is doing it for clicks and follows.

Does the Leafs roster have room for someone like Justin Bailey?

Big body, speed guy.

3 hatricks in his last 5 AHL games i believe. one of the 2 games he didnt get a hat-trick he had 2 goals. So something crazy like 11 goals in 5 games.

He would change the compete and effort level on the bottom 6 if thats a problem in toronto.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don’t blame Dubas for trading for Kadri for a D but it was pretty evident that Barrie just wasn’t the type of D Toronto needed. Obviously his first choice was to trade with Calgary for a more well rounded D but Kadri nixed the deal.
Now Dubas is trying to see if he can salvage something from a poor deal.
If Dubas holds firm on his price then hopefully the Canucks just wait until the off season and sign Barrie on a cap friendly deal if he really does want to play close to home.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
A

Agree.... Trading a proven multiple 30 + goal scoring C Kadri for a scrub overrated D man was way worse.

That is what you meant right?

Don't get too excited now......Kadri played with the Leafs for 10 years and in those 10 years he scored over 30 goals only twice and averaged 16.1 goals per season.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
He's a 50+ point right handed pmd... calling him a scrub because he hasn't fit in here is just insane

Who says he hasn't fit? He's playing the same way he played in Colorado. He was a Minus 59 lifetime with Colorado when the Leafs acquired him so it was not like we were get a D first D-Man. And since Keefe has come in he is putting up good number offensively. Was this a good trade.....NO.......it was the opposite of what the Leafs needed. But to say he's not fitting in.....or playing well......is crazy talk. He's plying the game he has always played and Toronto fans are not happy because they want something else.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean Colorado basically told us he was like this, and his defensive metrics haven't changed, so I think the player is somewhat responsible....

Good luck those making offers, especially anything over 4.5-5.

But back when Colorado fans told you that stuff last year, they were slinging mud at him because Sakic trade him?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
As I said since this post started Vancouver fans really need to worry about Benning going full Benning.
I so can't wait for this trade to happen.
I see Vancouver fans are already starting to back peddle on the Barrie is a piece of crap to he is not that bad and will fit our team narrative.

Lol! Another keyboard warrior bites the dust!
Wrong again. Looks like your Leafs are stuck with Barrie.
I'm sure that you will be posting a mean culpa. But somehow I doubt it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Glad we didnt trade for Barrie, would of made no sense, sounds like the Leafs wanted to hold onto him anyways

Dont think he would have cracked our top 6 anyways, maybe more competition with Fantomburg and Benn for the last spot

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Dubas stuck with his team and I think that the was right move.

The trades available likely were lateral at best for the Leafs, stick with your guys and if they fail send a real message with off season moves.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He started off rough for sure but his trades have been decent lately. And so many of those pick were low risk anyways, to nitpick trading late round picks is absurd. Baer was a good player before concussions derailed his career, Prust and Spooner were low risk and still provided what they were intended to provide. The only real case you have for a bad trade is maybe Gudbranson, and everybody knew that was a high risk longshot anyhow.

Probably 65% of his trades have worked out for Vancouver. He hasn't been dim Jim in years now.
:laugh:

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad