Proposal: Vancouver - Detroit

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
To Vancouver : Andreas Athanasiou

To Detroit: Ben Hutton

The Red Wings are in the midst of a huge Rebuild and are very likely going too be in the NHL's basement for at least the next two seasons. Detroit really needs a top end defenseman and the Canucks need too add more skill and speed on the wings so I see this trade as a good fit for both teams.

Hutton has potential too be a high end top 4 defenseman and he showed it in 2016/2017 but since Travis Green was brought in he has been in his doghouse for 2 years now so a change of scenery would do him wonders and I feel that could be Detroit

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
First, Van needs the D more than another forward. Second, Hutton's value is low right now, but he's been playing better and seems to have made his way out of the dog house. If they move him, better to wait and see if he can fulfill some of his potential and regain value before doing anything. There's really no hurry.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'd much rather move Athanasiou for picks than for someone like Hutton.

Sure, he'd play for the Wings , but why the hell does that matter? They're tanking.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't know much about Hutton, but if he's valued at the same level as AA, I doubt he's got much more potential than Cholowski/Hronek/McIsaac, so no reason for Detroit to do this.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I like Hutton to be honest. He and Strecher were my favorite Nucks just a year or two ago. With a different coach and team, who knows what would happen? I'd give him a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad